New 800 or used upper end model?

nsfr1206

I recently purchased an AT Max and would like to buy a Minelab now and let my hunting partners use the AT. The question here is should I buy a new 800 or hold out for a used Etrac or 3030? I will be using mostly for coins and relics but will occasionally be at the beach also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 800 will do fine. The other two cost more, but offer little if anything over the Equinox. The E Trac is not waterproof. You will kick yourself if you drown it at the beach. The CTX is just over priced.

goodmore is spot on. The Nox 800 and 600 are lightweight, versatile, go anywhere, detect any environment detectors. The Etrac and CTX 3030 are fantastic detectors. Try swinging one for more than 2 hours however. They weigh almost twice as much as the Nox.
They have a slight advantage over the Nox in target ID ability. Other than that I would much prefer the powerful and lightning fast Nox.

For coin shooting the Etrac/CTX is hard to beat. Tones on deep silver are unmistakable and the TID is much better than what you'll find on the Equinox.

The Equinox would be the better choice if you're looking for coins AND relics IMHO. It'll alert on small low conductors better and faster recovery than FBS detectors. If weight is a big concern, its also considerably lighter.

Back
Top Bottom