Excalibur Leaking

I C THE LITE

I took my excal off the shaft and hang it from my neck while I detect (I scuba dive and don't want it on the shaft). Unfortunately this is my 2nd coil that leaks at the coil/cable junction. I was going to try Kellyco but they said there was an 8 week wait to even look at it. When the coil/cable connection dries out it works fine. My question is has anyone on this forum ever water proofed that connection and if so with what type of sealant.

I took my excal off the shaft and hang it from my neck while I detect (I scuba dive and don't want it on the shaft). Unfortunately this is my 2nd coil that leaks at the coil/cable junction. I was going to try Kellyco but they said there was an 8 week wait to even look at it. When the coil/cable connection dries out it works fine. My question is has anyone on this forum ever water proofed that connection and if so with what type of sealant.

I would bake it and then pot it with epoxy resin. There are many potting compounds available.

I was gonna buy a new Excal but continually hear so much non sense about repair service that I decided against it. Seems like a nice unit though. If I could pick up a used machine for the right price I think I might jump on it, as I am an electronics technician. I hopefully could restore an older unit and keep it in working condition.

Good luck with the coil issue.

Thanks for the info Sundragon. I love how well the excal works, just wished it was a little tougher.

I hate hearing these stories. I was 90% certain that I was buying one soon. now maybe 60% sure. can I try yours out when its fixed? I am sure some one here had your problem years ago and has figured out a solution.

ps its too cold here to use it now, unless you are crazy:laughing:

Very frustrating. I was down in Mexico and was looking for a $9k ring that was lost the week before. Recovered 5 targets and my machine starts singing like a bird.

CZ-21's work just as well and almost never break. If they do, Fisher turns repairs around in a week.

Kellyco is just now getting to units Recvd in Nov so 8 weeks is very optimistic. Minelab sends out an email stating sorry for the inconvenience.

That's not good for Kellyco. I have a minelab CTX 3030 and not happy with Minelab. And even more so with Kellyco. I have had 2 bad dealings with Kellyco. And it seems as if it is getting worse. It is sad to see this going on. And Minelab LOOK FOR AN OTHER PLACE TO DO YOUR REPAIRS PLEASE.

Kellyco is just now getting to units Recvd in Nov so 8 weeks is very optimistic. Minelab sends out an email stating sorry for the inconvenience.
I recently had my CTX repaired. It was under warranty so SUPPOSEDLY it went to the front of the line for repairs. It still took over 5 1/2 weeks to get it back. I am not bad mouthing Kellyco but Minicab needs to correct their repair problem. They have 5 star detectors in my opinion but their repair time is 0 star.

Taking it off the shaft is what causes the problems, it allows constant flexing of the cables at the housing resulting in shorts.

Taking it off the shaft is what causes the problems, it allows constant flexing of the cables at the housing resulting in shorts.

That's what I been told as well, why I decided not to go that route. Sorry about the bad news on the Excal, I am hoping mine turns out to work great this summer...but first need to get through the winter. I as well did do a ton of research and everything pointed towards the Excal expect durability but the CZ-21 was tempting.

Hello I C THE LITE. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Excalibur -- Please feel free to email me at [email protected] in regards to your repair concerns.

^^^^^^ That's what I like to see right there.

I just bought an Excal myself and it's good to see representatives taking active interest in issues.

If Minelab had the reputation on repair service that Tesoro, White's and Garrett had they would dominate sales. Kind of sad the Minelab does not think enough of it's customer to provide great service.IMHO

what did you find out so far buddy? im still on the fence about buying one.
Nothing. I sent Minicab Jamie an email but have not received a response from her. Have been rather busy/sick/hospital the last few days. Will get back on it when I feel better.

FYI, I talked to my hunting partner who runs the repair center, he says they are currently repairing detectors received in Nov and December, he says they do not have that many left to repair for Nov and Dec so should be working on January's repair soon. Says there are a few on hold waiting on parts, only about 30 for January.

Back
Top Bottom