Ctx 3030 vs. Racer 2

Not even in the same class.

The CTX is by far more accurate in both sound and TID. Much more usable depth. The R2 is lighter. As a relic hunter they are closer in ability other than that they are miles apart.

Ctx 3030 vs. Racer 2

One is currently still being fixed as per customers requests and the other was manufactured as per customers requests..............

I haven't used either, however I know which of the two has had more design issues & costs one h3ll of a lot more - Personally I wouldn't look at a CTX until the problems have been fixed once and for all - Then it would be the dux nuts

Ctx 3030 vs. Racer 2

One is currently still being fixed as per customers requests and the other was manufactured as per customers requests..............

I haven't used either, however I know which of the two has had more design issues & costs one h3ll of a lot more - Personally I wouldn't look at a CTX until the problems have been fixed once and for all - Then it would be the dux nuts
I am familiar with the battery compartment issue, what else is going on with the CTX? I have it on my wish list, but honestly the price is a little steep....leaning towards the Deus

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

When comparing detectors you hafto figure in wants and needs.I cannot say a 3030 is better than a racer if it doesn't fit my needs.
For some a ace 250 is all they'll ever need,and wouldn't consider a upgrade ,don't need it.

So,to put price as a factor as one machine is better than another is useless,because not everyone wants all the options,maybe a few options,maybe all the options,maybe no options.

As for me,in my soil,higher end just don't perform any better than mid priced machines,I get the same depth and id from both

Ctx 3030 vs. Racer 2

That is funny because I clearly remember Makro having to "Fix" the breaking coil ear issue as well as faulty coils. Also more than a few units were returned for overlaoding issues.
Remember that Makros "customer request" were actaully customer complaints that spurred the improvements just the same as Minelab, Whites and garrett have done in the past. Stop candy coating it and call a spade a spade.
We have had more than enough of this Makro worship in the past year and I hope the mods do not let it get out of hand like it did last time.

That is funny because I clearly remember Makro having to "Fix" the breaking coil ear issue as well as faulty coils. Also more than a few units were returned for overlaoding issues.
Remember that Makros "customer request" were actaully customer complaints that spurred the improvements just the same as Minelab, Whites and garrett have done in the past. Stop candy coating it and call a spade a spade.
We have had more than enough of this Makro worship in the past year and I hope the mods do not let it get out of hand like it did last time.

Even with any CTX issues. Yes mine has been repaired. I'd gladly buy another one. I already paid it off in finds again this year and it's only April. :shock::lol:

100 percent true.All new releases have bugs to be worked out,and makro had theirs too.That red racer was a foil hound.lol

Well,

Nothing wrong with a person worshipping their detector.

Nothing wrong with talking about them either.

I guess I could ask,, what is the purpose of a metal detecting forum??

Sure there is finds posted,, and some general chit chat among members,,all good btw.

I usually if I have nothing to offer to a thread,, I just don't post.

And if the title of the thread doesn't interest me,,, I just don't open and read.

Lots of good detectors out there-- all have their stronger suits and also weaker suits.

And believe me, the person who has the most expensive detector(s) ---may or may not be finding the best finds.

I wish it were that easy.

Cheers

Even with any CTX issues. Yes mine has been repaired. I'd gladly buy another one. I already paid it off in finds again this year and it's only April. :shock::lol:
So you are a beachcomber ? Yes, nevermind, I just checked your profile. ..I am a coin hunter in Arkansas lol, would be quite the feat to pay for a CTX with my finds in 5 years lol![emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well,

Sure there is finds posted,, and some general chit chat among members,,all good btw.

And if the title of the thread doesn't interest me,,, I just don't open and read.

Lots of good detectors out there-- all have their stronger suits and also weaker suits.

And believe me, the person who has the most expensive detector(s) ---may or may not be finding the best finds.

Cheers

Agreed, Nothing wrong with talking about or even touting ones favorite detector but making blatant false staements to prove one point such as the eSCANZ did, does good for no one. To say one manufacture improved thier units due to customer "request" but the others made changes due to customer "complaints". I would like to see the OP give detailed info on both to back up thier "Claim"
I was quite kind in my thoughts of the Racer I owned but if he wants to insist on going down this path, I as well as several others would be more than glad to give our real world opinion on the machine. I have a list of customer "request" for makro.

Agreed, Nothing wrong with talking about or even touting ones favorite detector but making blatant false staements to prove one point such as the OP did, does good for no one. To say one manufacture improved thier units due to customer "request" but the others made changes due to customer" complaints. I would like to see the OP give detailed info on both to back up thier "Claim"
I was quite kind in my thoughts of the Racer I owned but if he wats to insist on going down this path, I as well as several others would be more than glad to give our real world opinion on the machine. I have a list of customer "request" for makro.

+1 It's one thing to tout your favorite detector... it's another to act like yours is superior to others is the issue some have.

Well,

Cheers

Have to look at it when splitting hairs is if you paid the same for both which would you take. Or say you won a raffle at a detector comp and the ticket lets you either walk away with which ever one you choose for free. You may be the only racer taker on the planet?

Agreed, Nothing wrong with talking about or even touting ones favorite detector but making blatant false staements to prove one point such as the OP did, does good for no one. To say one manufacture improved thier units due to customer "request" but the others made changes due to customer" complaints. I would like to see the OP give detailed info on both to back up thier "Claim"
I was quite kind in my thoughts of the Racer I owned but if he wats to insist on going down this path, I as well as several others would be more than glad to give our real world opinion on the machine. I have a list of customer "request" for makro.

Well I have even posted my thoughts here on the battery compartment leaks on CTX...This problem was noticed early on by users,,yet it took a long time to come up with a fix,,,and then Minelab charges folks for it --- for units under warranty

Makro never did this do their customers,,at least not yet.

I call balls balls and strikes strikes.

Well I have even posted my thoughts here on the battery compartment leaks on CTX...This problem was noticed early on by users,,yet it took a long time to come up with a fix,,,and then Minelab charges folks for it --- for units under warranty

Makro never did this do their customers,,at least not yet.

I call balls balls and strikes strikes.

Dip the Makro in the ocean. It will leak all over:laughing:

Dip the Makro in the ocean. It will leak all over:laughing:

What is your point..

Racer never advertised as waterproof.
CTX was,, is.

And comparing how the different manufacturers do things in the service,, upgrade,, problem(s) correction departments--- all legal like.

Just be honest..

Besides someone from the different manufacturers may read,,and learn something to take into their board rooms.

In the end---- we all stand a chance to benefit.

I have a lot of ponies now,, in a lot of races.

I hope they all win.

Will they??

Who knows.

Well,

Cheers

That's it! I'm going back to my bounty hunter! :lol: Very true statements, a machine is only as good as the operator.

G2M

What is your point..

Racer never advertised as waterproof.
CTX was,, is.

And comparing how the different manufacturers do things in the service,, upgrade,, problem(s) correction departments--- all legal like.

Just be honest..

Besides someone from the different manufacturers may read,,and learn something to take into their board rooms.

In the end---- we all stand a chance to benefit.

I have lot a lot of ponies now,, in a lot of races.

I hope they all win.

Will they??

Who knows.

Not many has a sack big enough to tackle the waterproof dept. And I wouldn't be the first to run out and buy a waterproof racer if they made one. Easy to criticize another companys leak issues when the other doesn't have to worry about it. You wonder why whites hasn't upgraded the waterproof beach market? It's because you can lose yur arse quick in this game:roll:

Not many has a sack big enough to tackle the waterproof dept. And I wouldn't be the first to run out and buy a waterproof racer if they made one. Easy to criticize another companys leak issues when the other doesn't have to worry about it. You wonder why whites hasn't upgraded the waterproof beach market? It's because you can lose yur arse quick in this game:roll:

Why this leak fix of Minelab's is so easy to criticize is,,, it was a simple fix really,, but why did it take so long,,,to bring to the customer??

Same with the arm cuff.

Not like Einstein needed to be exhumed for another theory like relativity.

The fix for both of these issue should have been on the streets easily within a year of detector release,, if not sooner.

Again,,I call balls balls,, and strikes strikes.

Besides,, isn't the CTX the most expensive Vlf detector??

When you pay big money,,, you expect to get big service!!!

Back
Top Bottom