new digging tool

njemt

I picked this up today after seeing a youtube view of a user using a small pry bar with a screwdriver type handle to dig in parks.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ames-Ergo-Gel-Grip-Hand-Weeder-1995400/205186027?fbtLinkClicked=1458195849494|204476253

Its a dandelion weeder tool. The only thing I don't like is that it has sharp points and a v shaped blade on the end. I was thinking of coating in the plastic tool type paint stuff to coat it the "rubber" to prevent from scratching coins.

Anyone have input on this idea or experience with the rubber coating stuff?

Thanks everyone

I use a similar one. I put a 15 - 20 degree bend in it mid shaft to make it easier to pop coins. I also put it on the grinder and took of the points. If you digging coins in an older area I wouldnt use it, no matter what you do you might scratch up a valuable coin, they are great for quick clad recovery in a modern park ect...

Sounds like a gasket scraper may be able to do the job for you.

31VFB5NB7RL.jpg

I don't know about the plastic dip, but maybe a coating of that flex-seal stuff will work. It's supposed to be soft and it would probably be cheap and easy to reapply in the field if needed.

I have used the spray on plasti-dip for a couple of projects. Let's just say it comes off as easily as it goes on. First contact with any resistance will scratch it right off. It does work good for sealing the roof of a pop-up hunting blind, though.

Back
Top Bottom