$40-$60 for a Hip Mount Pouch???

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
When I purchased the Sovereign GT last year, I knew I was going to hip mount it. THEN, I looked at the cost of the bag! Holy cr@p!

I recalled someone posting they used a canteen pack to hip mount, so it was off to our local army surplus store. There I found this small MOLLE tactical pouch. Aside from the sturdy canvas-like material, the MOLLE straps on the back are designed to secure this pouch to any belt. I use it with a waist pack that I use for my trash.

All I was really interested in at the time was to be sure the controls fit in the main compartment. I cut a hole in the bottom for the coil cable, removed the nylon drawstring covering the main compartment, and cut the cover off one of the small side pouches. The result fits the controls, extra battery, wallet, and pro-pointer:

image.jpg

Negatives? The back of two snaps are inside the main compartment and scratch the bottom of the Sov controls. Cover them with leather. Also, I would prefer two zippers on the second compartment so it could be closed from either side.

R5

Back
Top Bottom