• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Who wears headphones while detecting?

RustedShut

Forum Supporter
I wear headphones. Always have always will. A newbie good friend of mine does not. My wife thinks you should not wear them while detecting with friends. Harder to have conversation. I bet her 90% of you wear headphones. Please dont let me down! :D

My wife and I both hunt, both wear headphones and have no problem talking some and hearing what's said ( but sometimes we both wish the other one would hush up :laughing: )

Every time.
Easier to hear the signal, keeps me from disturbing other people around me, and (most importantly) they deters conversation from passersby! ;)

I didn't when I first started but the noise of the detector going off attracts more attention.

I dont have anybody to metal detect with so I talk to self.

Always. I wear them when hunting with friends as well. If you don't, you'll miss something good.

I always wear phones and don't really have conversations with others so that's not an issue. I love detecting because I can shut out everything and just concentrate on the tones while dreaming of that next good find. I have friends that I hunt with and we do fellowship with each other but when it's time to hunt, I do my own thing. I also think it's important to consider others and keep your signals to yourself.

I wear mine around my neck with the volume turned up. I'm probably missing some signals but I like to be aware of my surroundings as well. Hope this doesn't turn out to be a bad habit as I'm just starting out and learning my machine. I probably wouldn't use them at all if my ATP had a volume adjustment.

I ware them, and its doesn't get in the way of conversation, wear them over one ear, its wat i do. And it saves on battery life!

Yes since I got my ATP. No with my 202.
I only have volume turned up in my left ear so I can hear my pointer with my right and hear what is going on around me.
It just works for me! Having both ears with sound is too dis-orienting.

I always wear headphones. Too many deep signals would be missed without headphones and your detector will use up more battery power without headphones.

I do. It's far beyond obnoxious not to...

Oh REALLY?!?!

I think that trying to talk to someone who's wearing headphones is even more obnoxious! HA!

(and in case you were all wondering... I hate headphones. They make my head sweat, weigh me down, and all those stupid wires get in the way! I also like to hear what's going on around me in case I get attacked by wildlife and what-not)

Back
Top Bottom