Gold Detector

sprucecrick

Thanks to all who replied to my subject of "choice of 3 metal detectors".
The Ace 250 seems to be a favorite. So with that one in mind would their
Scorpion Gold Stinger give me a far better capability for gold while still keeping the ability to find the "other stuff"(ie, coins,relics and etc etc). . The reason for getting a good detector that also has the ability to "sniff" out gold is I live near Yosemite, CA and hopefully there is still some of "it" left to be found. A newcomer thanks you all again...
Phil,

Gold is a relative thing. Gold Jewelry is not "pure" gold but a combination of metals. Gold Nuggets however is pure gold in the sense of the word. Gold detectors operate at higher frequencies because of the type of metal gold is and usually they need to be higher to find smaller nuggets. Gold jewelry can be found airly easily with a good mid range detector and even cheaper ones will find it although not as easily. So , the Scorpion will find "pure" gold much better and gold jewelry somewhat better than the Ace250. It will still find coins but not as well as a lower frequency detector will in the same price range. Hope that answer it for you.
:grin:

Back
Top Bottom