Do I need an Etrac?

73cj5

Elite Member
Found a good deal on an Etrac. Just thinking if I will use it?

Check my sig for what I am swinging now......

I have the excal 800 up for sale as well.

I primarily dirt hunt but get to the beach 1-2 weeks a year hence the excal.

Would the etrac fill a hole? Will it replace the at pro?

I was saving up for a ctx to replace the sov gt and posibly the vaquero and at pro.

Any input appreciated........

It will definitely fill a hole. Really all depends on how well you know your AT Pro. The Etrac will find the silver if its there, but so will the AT Pro. Would I sell my AT pro and use the Etrac exclusively, not a chance. Would I sell my Etrac and use the AT Pro exclusively, no way.

The Etrac is a great park, yard hunting machine. However, go swing it for 6 to 8 hours in 4 inch tall grass and you will be longing for the light weight AT Pro.

Just my observations from owning both.

G2M

It will definitely fill a hole. Really all depends on how well you know your AT Pro. The Etrac will find the silver if its there, but so will the AT Pro. Would I sell my AT pro and use the Etrac exclusively, not a chance. Would I sell my Etrac and use the AT Pro exclusively, no way.

The Etrac is a great park, yard hunting machine. However, go swing it for 6 to 8 hours in 4 inch tall grass and you will be longing for the light weight AT Pro.

G2M

^this

G2M

Yep Love me At-Pro too & wouldn't trade it for a etrac (which I already have..:lol:) or a CTX....

I consider my AT Pro and my Explorer SE my top two machines and would not want to try to get by without either. Consider how the AT Pro shines on a wet and muddy hunt and how the Etrac shines for deep silver. GL and HH. Matt

Found a good deal on an Etrac. Just thinking if I will use it?

Check my sig for what I am swinging now......

I have the excal 800 up for sale as well.

I primarily dirt hunt but get to the beach 1-2 weeks a year hence the excal.

Would the etrac fill a hole? Will it replace the at pro?

I was saving up for a ctx to replace the sov gt and posibly the vaquero and at pro.

Any input appreciated........

I will quote my wife here. "You dont NEED a E-Trac. You may WANT a E-Trac but you dont NEED a E-Trac". ha ha

I will say they are amazing machines. Found more silver with mine than all my machines put together.

I use an AT Pro and hunt with a buddy who swings an etrac. One time he found a silver ring (no coins) and I found no silver, but I at least doubled his coin count. One time I found a silver dime and he didn't find any silver, and again I found more targets because the speed at which I can go with the AT. Another time we found one silver each. He has to use a strap to be able to swing the heavy machine for extended periods. With the small coil I can go all day with the AT. The etrac looks heavy and slow to me. I don't doubt it will probably go a little deeper than the ATP, but I don't have a problem finding good stuff with what I have. Yes he has found almost 4x as much silver as me this year, but he probably hunts 10x as much as I do, and he hunts much better places than I do.

I used to have etrac envy from reading the forums, but I don't anymore. Just my $.02. I'm not saying it's better or worse, I'm just saying you should like what you have and enjoy it. If my hunting buddy was on the same property as me pulling lots of silver when I couldn't find any, I'd certainly own one already. But I have not seen it outperform me on the same land at the same time, so I say I got a great performing machine for a bargain. Plus I laugh when he gets nervous when the clouds come in and it looks like it's going to rain. :D

I use an AT Pro and hunt with a buddy who swings an etrac. One time he found a silver ring (no coins) and I found no silver, but I at least doubled his coin count. One time I found a silver dime and he didn't find any silver, and again I found more targets because the speed at which I can go with the AT. Another time we found one silver each. He has to use a strap to be able to swing the heavy machine for extended periods. With the small coil I can go all day with the AT. The etrac looks heavy and slow to me. I don't doubt it will probably go a little deeper than the ATP, but I don't have a problem finding good stuff with what I have. Yes he has found almost 4x as much silver as me this year, but he probably hunts 10x as much as I do, and he hunts much better places than I do.

I used to have etrac envy from reading the forums, but I don't anymore. Just my $.02. I'm not saying it's better or worse, I'm just saying you should like what you have and enjoy it. If my hunting buddy was on the same property as me pulling lots of silver when I couldn't find any, I'd certainly own one already. But I have not seen it outperform me on the same land at the same time, so I say I got a great performing machine for a bargain. Plus I laugh when he gets nervous when the clouds come in and it looks like it's going to rain.

I agree...:D

hmm

in fact i have "swung a etrac" im just not a band wagoneer. overated and to epensive. Also worst cust service in the metal detector world

You should have got a CTX. A much more expensive detector, but it does many things the E Trac can not do.

you obviously never swung an etrac :lol:

I have found more silver with my Minelab E-Trac metal detector than all my others put together. So with that I "may" be a bit biased to which machine I grab. ha ha The
CTX 3030 almost makes it easy sometimes with how much more stable it is. It will catch the E-Trac soon in silver.

If your machine works for you by all means swing it. Its about having fun and enjoying your time outside.

Back
Top Bottom