New knife to try.

hoser

Forum Supporter
Went Traverse City shopping Wed, and they have put out the spring gardening stuff already. I was looking at the tools, and found this on the rack and thought it had some merrit for MD'ing. So I bought one for this hunting season. Pretty heavy duty, almost an 1/8" thick and has a lifetime warranty. I kinda like the small forked end on it. Me thinks it might come in handy for those tough ground conditions. Sharp on both sides, and as you can see, one side is toothed for cutting roots. And at $9.95, I couldn't go wrong. Hey, if it don't work, the wife can use it in the garden :lol:

Last edited:
I would imagine its carbon steel. Might have some moly in it for extra strength. Don't think the plating will last too long, but what the hey, if it digs as good or better than my old trowel, I'll be in fat city eh. :lol:

Very nice looking machine there, Hoser.
I like it... I like it a lot! :lol: Definately worth $10, too!

Hoser, that knife looks better then the Chinese made one that is given "free" ($49.00 value, ha ha) with purchase of new detector here at a large nearby Fl detector store. If it came from the big orange homebuilders store the gaurantee is good. Everything I ever brought back to that place for exchange has been honored. I kinda wished you had put something next to it to guage the size better. I am going down to their garden center this week to pick up some plants for my mini garden, so I will give it a look-see.. :wow: .Gil

"Fiskars" is to scissors and sewing what Zippo is to lighters and what Craftsman is to tools. It will last forever or they'll send you a new one free -- no questions! I'm excited to see they make a "digger." Thank you for posting!!! I'm going by the hardware store tonight to get one. :yes:

Unfortunately, Craftsman isn't what it used to be, B-Boop (but I still use Zippo!).
They might still have a life-time gaurantee (and I think that's even different now), but the product is turning into crap (it all comes from across the Pacific now). Nothing's as good as it was when it was made in America... and it all breaks very easily now.
"They don't make 'em like they used to". :(
I'd much rather see them put the price way up and keep the product quality like it was. You're way better off buying Dewalt now.
I won't even bring up Harley Davidson bikes (Ooops... I jus' did, didn't I?)...! :roll:

Just saw this exact knife on ebay selling for $19.99 Talk about a mark up :shock:
METAL DETECTOR DIGGING TOOL DETECTING FISHER WHITES Item number: 5873482794

Hoser, thanks for posting a pic of the Fiskars Big Grip. I shopped high and low at garden/hardware/Lowe's type stores and couldn't find one. My hubby found one on-line; it arrived yesterday. I LOVE it!!

hoser, I bought one yesterday at Target (9.99) and used it for a little while detecting in the yard.
Nice and sturdy tool - I would recommend to anyone.

Thanks!

Hello folks! I just found this forum and info about this Fiskars digging tool. I'm still looking for a good and reliable digging tool and from my experience, the Fiskars tools are great. Does anyone know about a online shop with intl. delivery and similar price? ;)

I checked a local gardener shop with Fiskars tools, but they don't have it (in fact, they don't heard of it or any similar digging tool). Also this tool seems not to be listed in any European Fiskars online shop so I suppose it's US-only model? And because the mentioned ebay auction is around $40 (with intl. shipping), I'm looking for a different (cheaper) seller. I'm not mad to buy something for more than $40 if it's sold for $10 and intl. shipping from US for a similar weighted items is around $10.

Thank you in advance for any of your suggestions!

I saw a whites knife just about like that on ebay the other night, It was going for like 25.00. But Fiskars is a hard brand to beat, I have my woman looking for one , she's the gardener in our relationship. She said they might be pricey, but what the heck for a goods tool its worth it.

Tip: We were cleaning out some drawers and she came across some old long carving knives, I asked if I could have one and found a sheath for it, anyhow the point being, It is excellent for cutting your plug nice and neat, flip it over and dig away, when done, just replace the plug and no one would ever know you were there, I suggest cutting at about a 30-45 degree angle. smg

If you check that auction with White's knife closely, you will realize it's in fact Fiskars ;) Simply look at the knife's grip (under some magnification). There is visible Fiskars logo.

Hello folks, it's me again.. Sorry for bothering you, but I would ask you for help with purchasing this Fiskars knife. It seems it's exactly what I want but I cannot get it..at least not for a sensible price.

I know, it's obtrusive and very rude from me (as a complete stranger here) to ask you for help in this matter. But I hope our MD hobby is a good connection between us ;) I have also a good record on ebay.

If there would be anyone so kind to purchase it for me, for example from Target store, it would be just great. Of course, I'm ready to pay (in advance) those person a full price + shipping and something extra, so you don't have to worry about the payment. I can use PayPal to transfer the money to you. Of course, I will cover also the PayPal fees. So if there is anyone willing to do this for me, just contact me via pm or email.

Thank you in advance for any your help!

The garden knife looked so good that I went right out and bought one! Haven't tried it yet still trying my new OXO Good Grips transplanting trowel from Lowes. It's really a remarkable digging tool. Stainless steel, serrated edge, other edge sharpened, great grip! Only cost $10 like the one you showed.

HH>Larry

odklizec said:
Hello folks, it's me again.. Sorry for bothering you, but I would ask you for help with purchasing this Fiskars knife. It seems it's exactly what I want but I cannot get it..at least not for a sensible price.

I know, it's obtrusive and very rude from me (as a complete stranger here) to ask you for help in this matter. But I hope our MD hobby is a good connection between us ;) I have also a good record on ebay.

If there would be anyone so kind to purchase it for me, for example from Target store, it would be just great. Of course, I'm ready to pay (in advance) those person a full price + shipping and something extra, so you don't have to worry about the payment. I can use PayPal to transfer the money to you. Of course, I will cover also the PayPal fees. So if there is anyone willing to do this for me, just contact me via pm or email.

Thank you in advance for any your help!

Where do I have to send it?
pop

Hi pop!

Thank you for kind offer! :yes: I live in Slovakia - EU. I will send you details via PM. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom