#5 experimental digger

bottlecaps

Elite Member
built digger #5 a little diffrent blade aprox. 7 3/4" with staight teath same friction push or pull. let me know what you think ?

digger all the way to the left is #6 no where near complition about 1 hour in to it blade is aprox. 6"

Attachments

• DSCN0971.jpg
    DSCN0971.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 817
  • DSCN0970.jpg
    DSCN0970.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 821
Just like a lesche style you may want to hit that cleft into the bend of the blade at its base... it provides a lot of additional strength in regards to prying plugs and leverage. It will prevent the blade from bending at that spot which are the lesche styles only real weak spot.

I think I like this one the most.
My line of thought is...
...the straight teeth might work better as a push and pull effect .
The best way to find out is put in the dirt and put it through it's paces.
Lookin' good. :D
P.S. If you want me to try one out...I will :gimmy:

Just like a lesche style you may want to hit that cleft into the bend of the blade at its base... it provides a lot of additional strength in regards to prying plugs and leverage. It will prevent the blade from bending at that spot which are the lesche styles only real weak spot.

I can not make that "cleft" I work these diggers by hand and I would need a machine press. I have tried to bend them in a vice with out success.

I can not make that "cleft" I work these diggers by hand and I would need a machine press. I have tried to bend them in a vice with out succes.

Do you have a welder? Instead of the cleft, you can make a small triangle gusset to go on the inner curve of the blade and it will provide the same strength as the cleft. and no press required :)

I thought of this But I just got back from testing the diggers @ a small very rocky muddy beach flapjack came with just his digger #3 no machine :?: and he was prying rocks, jaming it in the ground, digging holes and it did not bend I think saw him sawing the pylons :lol: he told me "it works great" I have tempered the entire digger also the steel is thicker then a lesche.

Hmm...the angled teeth ones look fine! I'd love to try one out. I like teeth on both sides of the digger. If you were in DFW I would let you use our shop press to put those bends in the rear of the diggers...

Back
Top Bottom