Time for a new pinpointer

BOP222

Hadn't been out in awhile but last weekend a buddy and I headed out...well, the old Bullseye 120mm finally died...wires had come off the battery compartment (I had them soldered once before) but there comes a time to just say "time for a new one"

Anyway..here's my question....for general searching, what is the consensus (if any) on what would be a good replacement pinpointer? Something sturdy, accurate etc.

Have the carrot and just got the TRX. With the carrot I was chasing the target's deep. Just to find it on it's side in the side wall of the hole. With the TRX it's pin points off the tip. And not up the shaft. As the carrot. So the TRX is more of a directional pin pointer. I hope to save time retrieving targets. As I will not be digging deep when it is shallow in the side wall.

I like the waterproof Garrett - just wash it in the kitchen sink after a hunt or two :lol:

Even use the scrub brush on it.

Got it from Phil Meyers on here :thumbsup:

I like the waterproof Garrett - just wash it in the kitchen sink after a hunt or two :lol:

Even use the scrub brush on it.

Got it from Phil Meyers on here :thumbsup:

And he threw in a free T-shirt to boot when I bought mine [emoji41]. That's what sold me lol!

Sent from my detector via iPhone

I use the Garrett carrot after using an original Propointer and a Deteknix. I just put a rubber cap on the end of the Carrot (after seeing a few wear throughs).

I like it.

I use the Garrett carrot after using an original Propointer and a Deteknix. I just put a rubber cap on the end of the Carrot (after seeing a few wear throughs).

I like it.

I have many of those rubber caps, most brand new. I simply quit using them though. Even though it's small loss, there is some depth loss and I can't be certain if it makes the pointer "different" in response.

Anayways, I use my pinpointers NOT as scrubbers or dirt scratchers, just as wands at the surface today, so every pointer I own today, going back to 2010, ain't one iota thinner on tip, and certainly not worn.

By the time I'll wear out a tip???, the pointer will be dead anyway. We all tend to get a bit anil over PPr tip wear IMPO.

I am an authorized Garrett, Whites, XP, Minelab, Makro dealer. YOu CANNOT go wrong with an Garrett "carrot" or the Whites TRX. I have both and they are Great. Just wash them off when you want. Let me know if you want one, I can have drop shipped to you.

Jerr-man, Not to be snarky but since you are soliciting business on the forum why not become a sponsor so you can do it legally. It's a good deal. HH phil

Jerr-man, Not to be snarky but since you are soliciting business on the forum why not become a sponsor so you can do it legally. It's a good deal. HH phil

+1 Support this site, it will be worth your while. :yes:

G2M

Back
Top Bottom