UPDATE!!! Watch out for kellyco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe plant an engagement ring! Wish i could have thought of it, that way when metal detecting crosses her mind she will smile! Whos a phsyc major now?! Lmao talk about making your gf love detecting

Put it in a case so she doesnt hit it with a digger marking it up lol :laughing:

Here's your first problem. Good luck Gene and Chris
Will try to get link on here.

There was a link before i edited my post then after my edit i wanted to click it see what it was and it was gone

Don't even waste your time trying to deal with gene I had a problem when a pin pointer I bought got shipped to my brothers house in a completely different city and his name and address had absolutely nothing to do with the transaction and I got thesame line of bs hhe's throwing around now and absolutely nothing was done or did they get back to me when they said they would.. If they truly cared about their business all these problems that have been going on for years would've been resolved years ago, but obviously it hasn't,and as far as their reviews, horrible companys manipulate reviews just like online polls are manipulated soo that tells me absolutely nothing.. Used to be if you go and type bigboyhobbies wrong you'd get directed to Kellyco, really classy move. Now they spew nonsense on TV shows that anybody that's used a md would know was wrong.. This place doesn't deserve anyones business, ever..

Don't even waste your time trying to deal with gene I had a problem when a pin pointer I bought got shipped to my brothers house in a completely different city and his name and address had absolutely nothing to do with the transaction and I got thesame line of bs hhe's throwing around now and absolutely nothing was done or did they get back to me when they said they would.. If they truly cared about their business all these problems that have been going on for years would've been resolved years ago, but obviously it hasn't,and as far as their reviews, horrible companys manipulate reviews just like online polls are manipulated soo that tells me absolutely nothing.. Go and type bigboyhobbies wrong and you'll get directed to Kellyco, really classy move. Now they spew nonsense on TV shows that anybody that's used a md would know was wrong.. This place doesn't deserve anyones business, ever..

Wow. Not sure what your problem was, but let me update the issue I mentioned in my earlier post.

I emailed Gene last night about it. This was a very minor issue with a shipping charge, not enough to make a stink about, and said as much in my correspondence with him. I did not expect anything to be done, simply wanted to clarify to avoid any confusion on my part in the future. I even stated it was not necessary to call me, an email response would suffice. Guess what? I got a call from Gene first thing this morning. We discussed the issue, and he took care of me in a way that was significantly better than I expected. I'm not out to bash any of the smaller dealers, I'm sure they all offer top quality service. But my initial dealings when getting into the hobby were with KellyCo, and after my call this morning, I will continue to buy from that company. Gene went above and beyond to fix what basically was a $9.00 error. For what it's worth, he is also a very pleasant man to speak with.

As far as typing in a web address wrong, is this really somebody else's fault? For a long time, when you typed in the URL for the President's residence, and used the wrong domain at the end of the name, it would direct you to a site inappropriate for children. Is this really the White House's fault?

Wow. Not sure what your problem was, but let me update the issue I mentioned in my earlier post.

I emailed Gene last night about it. This was a very minor issue with a shipping charge, not enough to make a stink about, and said as much in my correspondence with him. I did not expect anything to be done, simply wanted to clarify to avoid any confusion on my part in the future. I even stated it was not necessary to call me, an email response would suffice. Guess what? I got a call from Gene first thing this morning. We discussed the issue, and he took care of me in a way that was significantly better than I expected. I'm not out to bash any of the smaller dealers, I'm sure they all offer top quality service. But my initial dealings when getting into the hobby were with KellyCo, and after my call this morning, I will continue to buy from that company. Gene went above and beyond to fix what basically was a $9.00 error. For what it's worth, he is also a very pleasant man to speak with.

As far as typing in a web address wrong, is this really somebody else's fault? For a long time, when you typed in the URL for the President's residence, and used the wrong domain at the end of the name, it would direct you to a site inappropriate for children. Is this really the White House's fault?
Well then that site had that domain set up to be redirected to their website, just like Kellyco did to with bigboyhobbies.com not net, that's really the least of the issues.. I stated ONE of my problems so not sure why you asked, and I'm glad gene got back to you cause when I emailed him I didn't hear anything until I bashed the business on here and then he said something to me on the forum and by that time I was all set with dealing with them.. But if you choose to do business with them that's you're decision but when your $9 problem turns into something much worse you'll regret that decision, like I'm sure the guy that had his credit card shut down for christmas does.. Good thing they had your product in stock or you'd still be waiting with no answer.. Good luck

Show me any business that ships the volume KC ships and not have a few issues... I bet 99% of the times there are no issues.

As an example take 800 sales a month, a 99% success rate is 792 with no issues and 8 with issues.... Now if those 8 members are members on a forum who do you think you will hear from, the 792 happy customers or the 8 who had an issue....

Show me any business that ships the volume KC ships and not have a few issues... I bet 99% of the times there are no issues.

As an example take 800 sales a month, a 99% success rate is 792 with no issues and 8 with issues.... Now if those 8 members are members on a forum who do you think you will hear from, the 792 happy customers or the 8 who had an issue....
You won't even hear from the 8. Seven of them will make a call and get things fixed. The 8th will call up yelling with a chip on their shoulder. Thats the one you will hear from. Happens in every business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom