Colonial Sword Hangers

I'm glad this resurfaced. I was really disappointed when I got to the end of the other thread only to find it closed, and thought I missed my chance to comment.
What I really wanted to say was how much I really wanted a 3 handled moss covered credenza.

Can anyone tell me what the thing Is I posted a picture of in this thread?? I'm confused, what is it? Is it old, or worth keeping?:?:

Its a gag loop, I found a brass one very similar to the one pictured on the left. It might be old but not in high demand, if you think its cool hang on to it.

X2 I think even civilians could buy them, it's definitely a snake buckle, which in my opinion is even better than a sword hanger!! WTG!!:yes:
Thanks These S buckles were first used as a fastener for a sword belt in England back in the 1500s-1700s to hang your sword from. The belt was part of the sword get-up. Then both sides in the Civil War used them as a regular belt fastener and probably still hung their sword from that belt,England specifically made them for a sword belt at first. Check the link out on S buckles that I posted showing that they were first made for a sword belt. Like you say, either way they hung a sword some how and still cool. HH 401K

jesus, this !!!! again?

look, I love the friendly part of this forum, but this is more than obvious trolling just to get people riled up.

I don't know if there is a report button, but mods, can we get this locked?

No good will come from this post, and at the worst, some one that's found a gag loop may run off with misinformation because they want to have found a sword hanger.

edit: .... wow, I didn't even write an actual four letter word there and it got blooped out?!

Are these sword hangers? I've found a few of the plain ones before that looked exactly like those, I misplaced them thinking they were horse parts or something like that. :?:

it was maybe the third post down.

hardly resurrected.

or alternately, you responded too so ....

Are these sword hangers? I've found a few of the plain ones before that looked exactly like those, I misplaced them thinking they were horse parts or something like that. :?:

nope, they're gag loops.

so yes, horse parts.

Back
Top Bottom