Best find so far.

darga

Found this on MLK Day 2006, only had my machine for 3 days!

pillbox.JPG

That is excellent Darga.
Tell us more about the site, detector, depth of find.... you know the details.
That is a very interesting locket or watch. I couldn't sleep until I covered that site inch by inch. Great find.
Jeff :shock:
By the way is thatGOLD I see :?:

More info:

It's a gold plated pillbox with no markings anywhere, the contents were dirt and small insects. The plating (which appears to have been painted on) flaked off the bottom a little when I was cleaning it. After it dried out the picture cracked at the bottom. I found it on local Park District property in a lightly-wooded area in the rootball of a young tree, about 4 inches down. The home on the site was built in the 1870's.

I use a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.

Ya know, that is a very nice find. I would be having the picture checked out to be sure it is not a painting.......Some of those little buggers fetch some $$$$$...............Gil

Wow, Darga... jus' WOW!!!
That's one awesome find!
Wouldn't it be cool if you could dig up the history behind it...(like a name, for instance!)!?!
What a displayable (an' very bragable) beauty!

what a find

That blows my mind that after just getting your trcker IV you found that, It gives me hope that I will find more than a chunk of steel with mine, way to go, keep and searching ;)
I have had some cold weather here in Iowa, 30-40's , but that shouldn't deter me, I am really impressed with the quality of the dagguer{SP} after being in the ground so long, Luck is on your side :grin:

Back
Top Bottom