air test for T Compadre using a men's gold ring and small gold nuggets

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Since King Totalot was unable to totlot hunt with my new T Compadre due to weather conditions since KT received it, He decided to conduct an air test relative to small gold. KT has a vial with small gold nuggets ...largest one about the size of a paper matchhead...that is used in His work to show the public what native natural gold looks like. Both these items were placed on an asphalted parking lot.

Anywho the results are in and as told by several Forum members, the Tesoro does hit on small gold...for the ring...it hits at 7.5 inches. It is a relatively large item being size 12. The nuggets were kept within the glass vial and hit solid at 2 inches...in the all metal mode for the Compadre.

Having previously done this same test with the BH Tracker IV and having it NOT hit on the gold nuggets at any distance, this is a great improvement and suggests if tiny gold is in the upper two inches of a given totlot, that KT now has a chance of finding it! BTW, the Tracker did hit solid on the gold ring also at 7.5 inches...not to knock it for finding rings.

Pic shows the test items.

Attachments

• air test samples.JPG
    air test samples.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 596
Since King Totalot was unable to totlot hunt with my new T Compadre due to weather conditions since KT received it, He decided to conduct an air test relative to small gold. KT has a vial with small gold nuggets ...largest one about the size of a paper matchhead...that is used in His work to show the public what native natural gold looks like. Both these items were placed on an asphalted parking lot.

Anywho the results are in and as told by several Forum members, the Tesoro does hit on small gold...for the ring...it hits at 7.5 inches. It is a relatively large item being size 12. The nuggets were kept within the glass vial and hit solid at 2 inches...in the all metal mode for the Compadre.

Having previously done this same test with the BH Tracker IV and having it NOT hit on the gold nuggets at any distance, this is a great improvement and suggests if tiny gold is in the upper two inches of a given totlot, that KT now has a chance of finding it! BTW, the Tracker did hit solid on the gold ring also at 7.5 inches...not to knock it for finding rings.

Pic shows the test items.
Thanks for the post. This is the perfect explanation for those who want to know the actual difference between the Compadre and other detectors. A picture and a post are worth a 1,000 words.

Thanks for the awesome test King! I have been wondering how my Compadre hits on the small gold.

KT, your posts on the Compadre are very valuable to me. I'm wanting to get another MD to go along with my F-2 ( and seeing you had to get rid of one of yours was very timely) and I've always felt the Compadre might be the one. At least for a "low end" machine, so I'll be watching veeeerrryyyy carefully.

Thanks,

EKW

PS, I'd sure love to know what you had to pay for yours. Did you get it at NE? I can't remember.

I did my own test on Tesoro Compadre Hits on Gold

watch my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMwBiIEU9kA

My test revealed that in All Metal Mode I get 3".
When using Iron descrim (around the O), I get 1".

Anything above the N in Iron, and you get nothing. Word to the wise!

I want to add that I have a Harbour Freight Centech Pin Pointer and it does not pic up on the gold unless I up the sensitivity to full, in which case it is ring all the time just slight moving it around. Not sure if it's the gold or something else it's beeping at. With the sens turned down just to the point of no noise, it does not beep on the gold no matter how close I get.

watch my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMwBiIEU9kA

My test revealed that in All Metal Mode I get 3".
When using Iron descrim (around the O), I get 1".

Anything above the N in Iron, and you get nothing. Word to the wise!

I want to add that I have a Harbour Freight Centech Pin Pointer and it does not pic up on the gold unless I up the sensitivity to full, in which case it is ring all the time just slight moving it around. Not sure if it's the gold or something else it's beeping at. With the sens turned down just to the point of no noise, it does not beep on the gold no matter how close I get.

Which is exactly the reasons why I don't hunt much above the "I" in iron, and why I use a Propointer.

As a matter of fact, I usually hunt in all metal with the Compadre for the greatest depth and most solid tone, and thumb the disc to figure it out if I acquire a target.

Back
Top Bottom