Garret Pro Pointer protection

flyguy784

Elite Member
I love my Pro Pointer, it's made my new hobby even more enjoyable. They should make it mandatory to buy one when you get your detector.
I have found that the little speaker holes constantly got filled with dirt/mud. Hunting early in the morning, even dew will produce a muddy slime.
Looking for a good fix and I think I came up with a great one. A simple waterproof sports bandaid. I've had one on for a couple weeks so far and it works great. Doesn't allow water or mud to fill the holes and has stuck on there thru thick and thin. Put the pad part over the holes and you can hear it just fine.
Hope that helps someone.

I use electrical tape. I also hold myvthumb over it so the whole world doesn't hear it beeping while retrieving zincolns.

I haven't tried this yet but i plan on sealing my pro pointer with a seal a meal machine so i can actually submerge it if i want to.

I use electrical tape. I also hold myvthumb over it so the whole world doesn't hear it beeping while retrieving zincolns.
This is why I took a chance on the ProFind (vibrate only works well on mine)
Still put electrical tape on speaker holes so I am don't have to dig out dirt with toothpicks all the time, however like the band aid idea :neat:

I haven't tried this yet but i plan on sealing my pro pointer with a seal a meal machine so i can actually submerge it if i want to.

I talked to a guy who did that and he sealed it in 2 bags just to be safe and he said it works awesome

i put silicone on the LED, power button and speaker, then used teflon tape on the battery lid threads.
PA100327.jpg

i put bedliner on the tip almost a year ago and its been holding up great, this winter i'll probably recoat it just for a winter project
PA100328.jpg

I talked to a guy who did that and he sealed it in 2 bags just to be safe and he said it works awesome

I have always thought about that application ever since seeing those freezer bag things work. It's cheap enough to re-do from time to time also. martin

Back
Top Bottom