Unexpected Semi key date Barber Quarter and local history piece

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Hunted a tiny 1920 home and lot before hitting the shooting range today. Started slow and then the wheats started coming. Nine wheats including a 1909 and 1916. All in really good shape. Best soul I’ve ever dug in TN! Going back to that area.

Had a high tone I skipped 3 times because it sounded trashy. Swung over it on another pass and it sounded a little better. Dug a plug and took one more scoop...worn 1896O Barber Quarter. Can see iron staining on back of coin. In hole with some junk. Glad I decided to dig it!!

Back yard only yielded a wheat and my piece of local history. Really nice copper or brass watch fob.

Front reads THE ARNOLD, Arnold, Henegar, Doyle CO., back reads Horseshoe Brand Shoes, Fit Wear Satusfy.

Company was in Hope Brothers building on Gay St in Knoxville. Moved in in 1898 and were leading retailer of Horse Shoe Brand Shoes.

Cool little hunt.

The shooting didn’t go as well. USFS WMA public range I tried for first and last time. Dumb people and firearms...

8d87cd4781d6ca0fb5d4726b112a87a8.jpg

6de3233948d7e49ed3bd07c5983e74c0.jpg

e280fe6833327c9ccf01b5818078f3f2.jpg

60f598b08afeb34d01ba0b25d19f8929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime a Barber shows itself it’s a good day. Love finding watch fobs. Had been a while since last one.

A Barber is any condition is always a great find and for eventually deciding to digging it up...congrats!

Thanks Jak! Was really excited after I found it was a semi key date! Even in that shape probably 40 bucks

Ver nice finds. Love the Barber! Sorry the range didnt work out.

Jerry, congrats on the Barber, a great silver save. The watch fob is really cool., I love it. After 2 trips to the public shooting range I quickly renewed my membership at the local club. Good luck. HH Mark

Jerry, congrats on the Barber, a great silver save. The watch fob is really cool., I love it. After 2 trips to the public shooting range I quickly renewed my membership at the local club. Good luck. HH Mark

That fob is really cool! Congrats on a great little hunt

Congrats on a fine hunt jwp!!! Love that Barber!!!

Excellent finds - the Watch Fob looks great - congrats !

Sweet barber!! My first one was the same date as well. Congrats on the silver!

Congratulations on that barber[emoji41] Happy Hunting

A nice bunch of coins there! The silver is pretty sweet, you did well :)

Nice barber and group of finds. That fob is really cool.

Thanks y’all! Happy with Barber and love the Watch Fob.

Back
Top Bottom