Sometimes you just can't dig any deeper.

bergie

Forum Supporter
Was out have a Civil War sites morning doing a little brush whacking. Found one very interesting items not your every day find. This place has so much iron in the ground is ridiculous. Found a couple of head stamps one bullet and a rivet. Now this is where it gets interesting. There are groundhogs in the woods because it is next to a field. Always check where they have dug sometimes they throw out things. Scene where a fresh hole was Dug so I go investigate. It was caved in from all the rain is what I thought. Scan over the dirt pile and right on top of the dirt was the two buttons. Stuck the coil down in the hole as it was big enough about blasted my ears of. So I commenced to digging which was not easy with the leash. Had my whole arm stuck down in the hole scooping dirt out. After a half an hour finally got the piece out. I assume the groundhog couldn't dig his hole any deeper because there was this big piece of metal. He sure did give it a good try though.:lol:It's amazing what a little soap and water will do on a rusty piece of metal.;)I forgot to add that it is a side piece of a stove.

Attachments

• p6 (480x640).jpg
    p6 (480x640).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 744
  • p5 (480x640).jpg
    p5 (480x640).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 738
  • p3 (480x640).jpg
    p3 (480x640).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 758
  • p1 (480x640).jpg
    p1 (480x640).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 728
  • 2p (480x640).jpg
    2p (480x640).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 735
  • 003 (640x480).jpg
    003 (640x480).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 723
  • 001 (640x480).jpg
    001 (640x480).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 768
  • 002 (640x480).jpg
    002 (640x480).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 698
Sweet and yes let them do the work for you !

Wish I had 50 of them working for me 😃

Wow that is so cool!!! Nicest stove part I've seen and I've found some nice ones! I ALWAYS scan gopher holes/dirt piles and never once found anything but I will keep doing it after this post! :D

Very nice finds, impressive. Ive dug to China and gave up several times, like we all have.

Congrats on a fun hunt.

Nice finds ! way to persevere, not to mention risking life and at least limb..

I take it the Ground Hog guarding your relic being still in the hole never crossed your mind :laughing:
Thanks was beginning to think I was never get it out.I'm glad he did most of the digging for me
That's super deep! Congrats, very nice digs!
Thanks
That's pretty wild! Nice finds!
Thanks
Wish I had 50 of them working for me 😃
There is quite a few of them working for me. I appreciate all the help I can get when it comes to digging.
Wow that is so cool!!! Nicest stove part I've seen and I've found some nice ones! I ALWAYS scan gopher holes/dirt piles and never once found anything but I will keep doing it after this post! :D
That is the best piece I have found. Most of the time they are broken
Very nice finds, impressive. Ive dug to China and gave up several times, like we all have.

Congrats on a fun hunt.
Thanks
Nice bunch of finds! About 10 inches will do it for me before I give up.lol

beephead

Thanks if he hadn't done most of digging it would still be there.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom