Deus question

Planedoc

Been kicking around buying an XP Deus as a retirement gift to myself and can't find any info on this. I see you can purchase their wired earphones but I'd like to use my favorite earbuds with this. Will it take a standard 1/8 in plug or will I have to buy an adapter? Don't like using over the ear muffs and don't like attracting attention with beeps.

Thanks in advance

I use earbuds with my Deus during high heat. 1/8" no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread from Beephead where he mentions the -12- settings he used on his XP. Kinda scary for a turn on and go kinda guy. Still, a few days ago, a fellow found a good 9 inch down Stander right in front of me while my AT didn't register a thing.
If you ever do take the leap, try to remember me and give a report on the learning curve. It's a lot of money and I could use the information. thanks

If you ever do take the leap, try to remember me and give a report on the learning curve. It's a lot of money and I could use the information. thanks

Will do! Been doing some research and watching a ton of videos! Was also considering an e-trac but I think I'll go with the XP.

I got my deus 1 month ago and although there is a alot to learn, it really is a well designed unit. Its everything its advertised to be. I didnt even leave the preset programs for the first couple outings, but have been learning, practicing, and watching videos on youtube. I went to a fundraiser club hunt last week (my first one) and two things happened. First, i found more than my share of silver coins and second...many people asked with envy about what it ran like/weighed. Nothing wrong with having one of the nicer units out there to make you proud to be an owner.

learning curve is not that bad with all the info out there .Gary over at deus has expert training videos on youtube and of course andys book. I came from a at pro with nel storm coils it was a solid machine BUT the deus is on a whole different level. I use whatever brand works im not a brand homer and have tried out a few machines and for relics none beat the deus , I know someone will say my machine does this and that blah blah blah if you relic hunt buy a deus and do your homework and you will be well pleased.:cool:
There is a thread from Beephead where he mentions the -12- settings he used on his XP. Kinda scary for a turn on and go kinda guy. Still, a few days ago, a fellow found a good 9 inch down Stander right in front of me while my AT didn't register a thing.

Mr C is right on the money. Load up either the Basic 1 or Deus Fast and get used to those for a few months. Once comfortable you can start playing with some of the many options to hone it in on your needs.

New Deus users,,,should do a 360 degree walk around every target before they dig,,no matter how it sounds or looks in the meter.

You will start to see a pattern develop overall on the better finds vs the junk.
From both tonally and or ID standpoint.

I have the back phones and find them uncomfortable. I bought the adaptor that snaps onto the headphone module and I use earbuds. I put the module in my pocket and run the earbud chord under my shirt to keep from getting tangled. This way I am not tethered to the deus.

Back
Top Bottom