How does the Impact compare to the 3030?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJayC

I've seen a lot of comparisons between either machine and the Deus, for example, but none between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've seen a lot of comparisons between either machine and the Deus, for example, but none between the two.

Alright.

Impact is cheaper
Impact is lighter
Warranty time frames Impact 2 years,,CTX 3 years.

Impact on average more forgiving on sweep speed.

CTX still provides the best ID at depth on average,,,,this though is dependent on soil mineral levels,,the higher the better the CTX to a point (mineral level wise).
Now the above is more for true ID,,,in higher mineral (5bars on Fisher F75) soil using disc modes on both,,,CTX odds on favorite to distinguish nonferrous from ferrous,,,yet won't give accurate ID of object.

Depth overall

Very close to one another.
I give slight edge to CTX on say dimes
Impact the edge on nickels (when run in correct freq) and other lower conductive nonferrous targets.

Separation in iron,,,,using stock coils on both,,advantage Impact,,,especially on lower conductors and smaller nonferrous. This advantage here can be from both a ground covered advantage and or actual finds detected where the CTX won't alert and Impact will

Audio overall
In cleaner ground I give CTX the lead.
In heavy iron I give Impact the lead.

Emi
I give CTX the lead here

Water proof
CTX

Small coil performance on each compared.

Depth
Very similar even in medium soil.
On medium and high conductors,,,lower conductors advantage Impact.
Separation
significant advantage goes to Impact
But advantage will depend on density of ferrous material (maskers)

Emi again advantage CTX

Small coil is an optional add on purchase for CTX
Comes with propack package with Impact.

Wireless
I don't like the module for CTX
Impact is technically wireless here,,where CTX isn't,,,having to plug headphones into module

Screen clarity
I rate a tie

Menu lettering size,,,advantage to CTX

Navigation of menus
Impact is faster to do

Both save programs.

Both have similar rod setups,,,CTX is I think more heavy duty,,but heavier too.

Impact uses 4aa batteries

CTX uses Lipro rechargeable or can use 8aa batteries

Truly which one is the best coin Hunter???
IMO would depend on site

The cleaner advantage CTX
The messier especially with iron Impact

Use in modern trash
Both can do
CTX I think is easier to use to do,,,once you understand the detector's ID system
Impact can do but a per own will need to use more tools/modes,,freqs,,to determine better/best targets.
This could be site dependent too,,remember Impact's small coil a mere 4" wide vs the CTX's 6",,,so some colocated nonferrous could fool CTX here and not Impact. Could be vice versa too.
In the end
Which one is best???

Hard to say
With same coil setups,,CTX cost at least twice if not more than Impact.
Will a person find twice as much using CTX???
On dry land no IMO.

The waterproofing of CTX does add value due to added capability,,,,but some folks units have leaked.

For the price of CTX,,,and this is not to tell you or anyone to buy anything or any model.
For my uses,,,I could live with a Impact propack and fbs unit like SE pro,,or Etrac vs a single CTX.

And overall I think my detecting opportunities are generally broader.
But I don't water hunt,,,freshwater and especially saltwater.

I cannot rate either CTX or Impact for salt water performance.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! The price of the Impact pro pack is definitely a big plus over the 3030 in my opinion. I didn't realize just costly a 3030 could be.

Thanks for the info! The price of the Impact pro pack is definitely a big plus over the 3030 in my opinion. I didn't realize just costly a 3030 could be.

When you buy CTX and throw in a 6" coil,,,it gets pretty expensive.
And a person had better be careful buying a used CTX too.
IMO,,stay away from those used in salt water especially.

With that in mind, it looks like it's between the impact and the new ATMax.

Exactly what i did TN.

"For my uses,,,I could live with a Impact propack and fbs unit like SE pro,,or Etrac vs a single CTX." Quote from TN

Interesting you said that because that is exactly what i was thinking the last few weeks , sold the CTX and coils got enough money to buy a very nice SE PRO and 4 extra coils, plus an Impact. :D

Com'on now let's be real.

There is little to compare between a CTX 3030 and the Impact. Performance would be about it and that I can't help. Feature wise, totally different classes. Like comparing a Cobra Super Snake to a Fiat. Yes, the Fiat is lighter. That's about it.

Point is, the CTX 3030 is far more adjustable to meet site conditions. If simple is what you're after then Impact is the winner for sure. If site and personal preference adjustable is important then CTX 3030.

tnsharpshooter, you sure you're not a car salesman LOL. Trying to make a $700 detector sound better than a $1,800 one. LOL

There is little to compare between a CTX 3030 and the Impact. Performance would be about it and that I can't help. Feature wise, totally different classes. Like comparing a Cobra Super Snake to a Fiat. Yes, the Fiat is lighter. That's about it.

Point is, the CTX 3030 is far more adjustable to meet site conditions. If simple is what you're after then Impact is the winner for sure. If site and personal preference adjustable is important then CTX 3030.

tnsharpshooter, you sure you're not a car salesman LOL. Trying to make a $700 detector sound better than a $1,800 one. LOL

Well I have both detectors and have run,,,and done some comparisons.
Have you??

Don't forget Impact has true All Metal modes as well,,CTX don't.

I gave CTX higher marks in areas above.
I gave Impact some higher marks too.

Just the way it is,,as far as I see it.

CTX 3 year warranty
Impact 2 year warranty

Nokta support is better.

The detectors really dont compete but rather complement on another. Two different animals.

I'm current running an Etrac and Impact and very happy. Now when I need to cash out one it will be the impact since I'm a coin guy. Etrac wont go unless I quit the hobby.

Note, I dont sell either brand so no bias.

I have been saying it all along his bias obvious around here! but I guess when a company gives you a metal detector you're definitely not going to say something else is better than it

I will run circles around that impact with my 3030
...less do it....the obvious shill crack me up talking in circles!

Note
I don't sell either brand so no bias.

I was just answering a question posted by a member.

If anyone else has used both of the units and wants to respond ,,have at it.

All detectors do have their pros and cons.

I have not told anyone here to buy anything period.

Btw,,just picked up a Rutus 71 from a sponsor here.
River Team Six metal detectors,,David is a nice gent.
Folks should consider him for help in the future.
Will be running and talking about Rutus too.

CTX 3 year warranty
Impact 2 year warranty

Nokta support is better.

The detectors really dont compete but rather complement on another. Two different animals.

I'm current running an Etrac and Impact and very happy. Now when I need to cash out one it will be the impact since I'm a coin guy. Etrac wont go unless I quit the hobby.

Note, I dont sell either brand so no bias.

Thanks Craig,,I stand corrected on the warranty periods.
Will change my info above.

The Impact by all accounts is a very good detector, as it says on the box, an all rounder.
In my eyes it's not a class leader in any particular field, if it was Nokta would be slick and use it to promote the machine, i don't know where they are coming from calling it the most powerful?

My etrac was a nice machine, good at some things !!!! at others. As an all rounder in my soil, on my prefered low conductor targets, and having owned the R2, i'd put the Rutus 71 up against the Impact any day and be confident of blowing it away!

The Impact by all accounts is a very good detector, as it says on the box, an all rounder.
In my eyes it's not a class leader in any particular field, if it was Nokta would be slick and use it to promote the machine, i don't know where they are coming from calling it the most powerful?

My etrac was a nice machine, good at some things !!!! at others. As an all rounder in my soil, on my prefered low conductor targets, and having owned the R2, i'd put the Rutus 71 up against the Impact any day and be confident of blowing it away!

Well I will be using the Impact and Rutus and other models.
Have a good patch opening up in couple weeks with hay cutting.

I didn't get a small coil with Rutus,,smallest I guess Ingot is 9" coil.
Will Rutus be able to keep up with Impact wearing 4x7.5" coil in sites with heavy iron???

To blow it away??
We'll see.
What is the smallest coil made for Rutus71??

I have been saying it all along his bias obvious around here! but I guess when a company gives you a metal detector you're definitely not going to say something else is better than it

I will run circles around that impact with my 3030
...less do it....the obvious shill crack me up talking in circles!

I am surprised you are here today posting.

The AT Max train left the station yesterday,,,why aren't you aboard and riding around the countryside??

I must not be too biased.
I bought from antique detectors once before,,,and this with all your nonsense post towards me.

Get a life Nectar.

Craig likes the Impact,,,is he biased by saying??

I don't think so.

Smallest coil for the rutus is the 9", more on the way though, 11" round is stock.

I've been bidding on a few new Impacts on ebay from a uk dealer, one just sold today, £180 less than list price, a bargain, i guess the demands not the same as in other countries!
Be interesting to see now it fairs in my soil which the R2 failed in.

Well I will be using the Impact and Rutus and other models.
Have a good patch opening up in couple weeks with hay cutting.

I didn't get a small coil with Rutus,,smallest I guess Ingot is 9" coil.
Will Rutus be able to keep up with Impact wearing 4x7.5" coil in sites with heavy iron???

To blow it away??
We'll see.
What is the smallest coil made for Rutus71??

Last edited:
I like the Fiat to but no comparison to a Super Snake.

I think the point here is the Impact is probably a fine detector, but to try and compare it to a CTX 3030 is,,, well... just like comparing a Fiat to a Super Snake.

I agree with detecting MO in that they would compliment each other. Like the Deus compliments the E-Trac/CTX. Different detectors for different jobs.

Oh, and I don't need to own a Fiat to know it wouldn't compare to a Super Snake. Some things are simple common sense maters one can determine from the specs.

And in all honesty, is there really anyone who runs in "all metal mode"? Maybe on a beach, but don't even try and tell me the Impact will outperform the CTX on a beach.

Smallest coil for the rutus is the 9", more on the way though, 11" round is stock.

I've been bidding on a few new Impacts on ebay from a uk dealer, one just sold today, £180 less than list price, a bargain, i guess the demands not the same as in other countries!
Be interesting to see now it fairs in my soil which the R2 failed in.

Maybe you will wind up getting an Impact at a good price.

I do look forward to testing and running Rutus.
Some nice things have been said about it.

The ground balance,,how it works,,and how touchy is the detector for its setting vs the ground for depth,,,is what I will be watching.
The Aka signum has to be dialed inn pretty good or you can't forget about any depth.

Funny thing happened to me a few days ago.

Like a dummy I had the GB on signum dialed to a positive 17 ground balance wise,,,,it wouldn't even hit a quarter period with nonferrous tone at a mere 2" in air testing.
It was supposed to be set to -17,,then the problem obviously went away.

I'm holding out for a good price on the Impact, cos if i don't like it i don't want to lose too much on resell.
The Rutus GB real easy, it's not as dependent on a perfect GB as some European detectors.
It will come down to the ground and conditions you hunt in as to which one suits you most.
If your in an old torn down site where say the roof and its nails are co mingled with other targets at the same level, up the reactivity and the 9" will shine.
On pastures, fit the 11", lower the reactivity and go deep.

I like the Fiat to but no comparison to a Super Snake.

I think the point here is the Impact is probably a fine detector, but to try and compare it to a CTX 3030 is,,, well... just like comparing a Fiat to a Super Snake.

I agree with detecting MO in that they would compliment each other. Like the Deus compliments the E-Trac/CTX. Different detectors for different jobs.

Oh, and I don't need to own a Fiat to know it wouldn't compare to a Super Snake. Some things are simple common sense maters one can determine from the specs.

And in all honesty, is there really anyone who runs in "all metal mode"? Maybe on a beach, but don't even try and tell me the Impact will outperform the CTX on a beach.

If you will go back and read,,,I said I couldn't rate for salt beaches,,because I haven't done or tried.

You can compare any detectors,,any autos.

Just keep things in perspective with application,,and external affects.
Which I did above.

Go to an old site,,one with CTX and one with Impact,,and both know how to run well.

Don't discount Impact outright as not making some good/great finds even coins.

Big mistake if you do.

Some folks don't have a couple grand to put towards a detector.
Some folks don't have a grand to puts towards a detector.
Some folks don't have $500 to out towards a detector.

So they do the best they can.

I try to help folks out with the detectors I have operated.
As far as what I see and hear when using them,,and yes I do spot check comparisons too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom