Equinox 600

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
Been thinking of picking up a new detector.

Equinox 600....

I really like what I've seen about the recovery speed.

Will be shopping around.

Dealers/Sponsors, feel free to PM me!!!

Bill I suspect you will do better getting on the phone and calling. There are some floating around but still rather scares.

Dealers/sponsors, feel free to pm me!!!

nothowthisworks.jpg

Really? Who are you to tell me what works and what doesn't?

Hey, Bill....no need to get on the offensive. Here is a link to the forum sponsors --> http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

The manufacturers have vendors sign an agreement that they won't publish / write / or otherwise advertise a lower price than MSRP. The markup is minimal so although there is some wiggle room, its not a huge markup. The vendors are big corps, mostly average Joe's and Jane's that run a lil' shop. The "way it works" is you call them, tell 'em your from the forum, and they'll give you the best price they can offer -- an offer that is usually less than MSRP and/or includes a few freebies.

Minelab had a promotion going on (not sure when it ends or ended) that gave 15% off MSRP to all current and former US Military folks. This was a subsidized price to vendors, otherwise they could not sell detectors for that rate.

Anyhow, best of luck with the purchase and H/H! -David

Hey, Bill....no need to get on the offensive. Here is a link to the forum sponsors --> http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

The manufacturers have vendors sign an agreement that they won't publish / write / or otherwise advertise a lower price than MSRP. The markup is minimal so although there is some wiggle room, its not a huge markup. The vendors are big corps, mostly average Joe's and Jane's that run a lil' shop. The "way it works" is you call them, tell 'em your from the forum, and they'll give you the best price they can offer -- an offer that is usually less than MSRP and/or includes a few freebies.

Minelab had a promotion going on (not sure when it ends or ended) that gave 15% off MSRP to all current and former US Military folks. This was a subsidized price to vendors, otherwise they could not sell detectors for that rate.

Anyhow, best of luck with the purchase and H/H! -David

Not on the offensive, just asking a question-

How do you, he or any one else for that matter, tell someone "the way it works"?

I've been contacted by forum sponsors in the past while looking at a pinpointer…..

The sponsors I've dealt with have been great.

In no great hurry, won't be an impulse buy.

Anyway, thanks for your input. Happy hunting to you as well!

How do you, he or any one else for that matter, tell someone "the way it works"?

Because, for them to contact you and give you a price cheaper than MAP they would be in violation of their sales contract with Minelab. No dealer with any brains is going to risk his dealership for a complete stranger. Maybe if you knew the dealer personally, had worked with him for years, he might run that risk. For Joe Detectorist? Naw, thats not how it works .

Because, for them to contact you and give you a price cheaper than MAP they would be in violation of their sales contract with Minelab. No dealer with any brains is going to risk his dealership for a complete stranger. Maybe if you knew the dealer personally, had worked with him for years, he might run that risk. For Joe Detectorist? Naw, thats not how it works .

You told me how it worked AND questioned my integrity!!!!

I've been contacted by forum sponsors in the past while looking at a pinpointer…..

The sponsors I've dealt with have been great.

In no great hurry, won't be an impulse buy.

Anyway, thanks for your input. Happy hunting to you as well!

BTW, once you get it, you'll have to ask th mods to change your screen name from bill350 to bill600. =)

I have a 6 week old one used a couple times with all factory items for $525 shipped. If you decide to go used.

A dealer can sell a detector for any price he pleases. The MAP - or Minimum Advertised Price is the lowest price any dealer can publish for the unit in question. If a dealer contacts you and says that he has a machine in stock and for you to contact him for his best price on it, he is free to offer you any price he wants to.

The Minelab Veterans discount is a sort of “shared pain” arrangement where the dealer sells you the detector for 15% off the list price and Minelab later reimburses him for about half of that 15% - so the dealer is giving you around 7% out of his own pocket.

Now that Equinox is in good supply, I would expect that dealers would offer some discount from list or some “freebies” to get your order.

As far as who should contact who - I doubt a forum sponsor dealer would get in trouble for PM’ing a prospective forum member, but I have never seen the sponsorship agreement, so I don’t know if there is a prohibition about that there.

How does one use a coupon on ebay?

When you go to your cart and checkout to make payment, toward the bottom of the page is a box that says "Gift cards, coupons, eBay Bucks" with a slot to enter the code. Hit the "Apply" button, and it'll update the cart accordingly. This particular coupon code is expired, but don't worry - Ebay has been doing the same promotion (with a different code) about every other month or less. The last time was toward the middle or end of August - it'll pop up again soon, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom