F2...final impressions below,......

lukaszu983368 said:
This is what I did... I turned the unit on. I held the power button down for like up to 30seconds. I noticed the unit just turns off as soon as I press power button. I waited andworking. Should there be a beep or something? Am I doing the reset wrong?
Little help pls.

That's the confusing part. You don't turn it on and then push the power button. When it is off, press and hold the power button for ten or more seconds. This will simultaneously turn the detector on and do a reset. As stated, there is no indication that a reset was done, but it works.

Is there a reset with the F5?

It appears there is nothing in the manual about a reset, but then again there is nothing in the F2 or F4 manuals about this procedure either.
Doing a search I can't find any mention of a reset on the F5 anywhere, but only the people at Fisher might be able to tell you more.

That's the confusing part. You don't turn it on and then push the power button. When it is off, press and hold the power button for ten or more seconds. This will simultaneously turn the detector on and do a reset. As stated, there is no indication that a reset was done, but it works.

It is a good idea to do this reset anytime the F2 starts to act wonky, mine never did but it happens, and after every coil change.

F2 reset

So if there is no indication of a reset. How do u guys know u did a reset or if it even exists? :?:

Hey all!

Just wanted to bump this thread one more time for all those that still hunt with this great little tool or might have recently purchased one and might not know about it.
Also to say thanks to all that contributed to this special thread over the years.

The F2 has now been discontinued but there are still many hunters out there using them, still some new ones in the pipeline being purchased as long as they will last and still so much treasure they are finding now and will into the future.

As always time moves on, Fisher has come out with the new generation series F11, F22 and F44, the F5 and F70 have also been discontinued but the F70 still lives on re-badged as the Ameritek Patriot.

I stayed in the Fisher line when I upgraded to the great F70 precisely because of the experience I had with the F2 and I know many others have also.

It has been my pleasure and honor to keep this thread going over the years, answering questions as best I could and passing on knowledge I learned along the way to help out others, and I learned from others here also so it goes both ways.

It started out innocent enough, just a simple review of the F2 when I got mine just as a backup, but the title became ironic because it wasn't final and kept going on for years and became a depository of all my knowledge and that of many others...a database that seemed to help others enjoy this hobby even more than if it didn't exist.

Thanks to Carol and Vlad for hosting it...so far it is up to 222,224 views and with this post 1376 replies to my original post....and I am amazed at that.

I know this thread has helped sell a lot of F2's...how many I have no idea but a lot.
It has all been worth it if it helped just one owner have a bit more fun in this hobby and enjoy it a little more.
If anyone had half the fun using theirs as I did using mine that is still going to be a remarkable amount of joy.

It is still here, still chock full of helpful info, still has tons of great pictures of our finds.

The F2 had a great run but it is not over yet, still plenty out there and hopefully this thread will stick around helping others out way into the foreseeable future.

Once again...THANKS TO ALL!!!

Good job Digger! I think we both bought our F2's about the same time. I am going to start using mine since I sent the F5 back to the factory to get fixed. Those display push buttons keep messing up for me.

Dig- anyone start a thread on the new machines from Fisher?

Good job Digger! I think we both bought our F2's about the same time. I am going to start using mine since I sent the F5 back to the factory to get fixed. Those display push buttons keep messing up for me.

Dig- anyone start a thread on the new machines from Fisher?

Not much on the Ameriteks, nothing out there about any other models they might have planned.
Some have shown opening box vids of the Ameriteks, not many in people's hands yet so not much real time experience but they are all clones of existing models, the F70, Land Ranger Pro and the Euro Tek Pro.
Plenty of info about all of those around...I have tried to add as much as possible to the F70 info out there...man I love that thing!
The Patriot coming out at about $300 below the price of a new F70 with that same big DD coil is still mind boggling to me.

wow I have followed this thread from the start, sometimes taking many months off between visits, the amount of information and education has been amazing!!
thank you all!

Lots of the basic target behavior carried over to the F70 I found, just a lot more to learn and many more settings and boatloads of extra power to get used to.
Some of the Fisher DNA seems be be inherent in most of their models.
Each is different with their own quirks, however, and this new coil could affect behavior at least a little.
Never held a new generation model in my hands so can't say for sure but I assume the experience would be somewhat familiar in at least a few areas.
They all seem to find the good stuff once you learn them.

Lots of the basic target behavior carried over to the F70 I found, just a lot more to learn and many more settings and boatloads of extra power to get used to.
Some of the Fisher DNA seems be be inherent in most of their models.
Each is different with their own quirks, however, and this new coil could affect behavior at least a little.
Never held a new generation model in my hands so can't say for sure but I assume the experience would be somewhat familiar in at least a few areas.
They all seem to find the good stuff once you learn them.

I can't remember if I told you that you are my new found hero ?You probably get that all of the time anyways......I'm reading through , trying to retain to apply or see if it applies to my T2 classic. Thank you.:cool:

I can't remember if I told you that you are my new found hero ?You probably get that all of the time anyways......I'm reading through , trying to retain to apply or see if it applies to my T2 classic. Thank you.:cool:

I have tons that kinda relate to that T2, kinda, but it is on posts when I talk about using my F70.
These two are cousins, although yours is programmed different and those VDI numbers are too, but they are built on the same platform along with the F75 and now the Patriot.
Join our F70 social club, there are some setting advice that might pertain pretty well.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=238

Also I am REVERE on Findmall...for three years I have written about some strange settings that work well that will definitely transfer over.
For instance these things up average around iron big time, plus using high gain you have better resolution around iron than on other brands.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2322233,page=1

This is the essence of my "Blast Through", hunting method for iron infested sites.
All metal, maxed out sense and thresh, takes time to learn to do this but the rewards can be great in sites where others run away screaming into the night.

My progression learning this method in an insane iron infested site...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2087664,2088000#msg-2088000
July 27 beginning insurance tag

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2105767,2113762#msg-2113762
Sept 23 14. Ih

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2137593,2138226#msg-2138226

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2210807,2210904#msg-2210904

This might even work on the F2 but I rarely hunted in iron and I usually knocked out iron when I hunted with that one but no more.
In this site the F2 found me a couple of shallow wheaties, using the F70 and these blast through settings I learned to find much more...eventually.

Also I have a ton of technical stuff on this blog I started while learning the F70...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=173474

Last edited:
Found $10.50 with F2

My first detector is the F2 and I have a few other detectors as well. I went out this morning to my favorite school and it gave me a good amount of clad. This detector is working flawlessly since 2011. My gloves got wet and I detected without gloves. Haven't done this in a long time. I even went along a bunch of basketball nets on the edge of a blacktop area and gravel etc. Ended up finding money in this crappy looking area.

It's still a good detector and for the price-it can't be beat.

Attachments

• 20170514_122804.jpg
    20170514_122804.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 20170514_122838.jpg
    20170514_122838.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 20170514_123004.jpg
    20170514_123004.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 248
Back
Top Bottom