XP Deus vs F75LTD2

Semtav

Elite Member
XP Deus - I Unearthed Some Nice Squeakers Today
beephead

I see you have both. how would you compare them. I'm a ways out, but Im trying to get a list of candidates for my second detector.
Both of these are on my list. how do they stack up against each other.

My hunting areas wouldn't be highly trashy. and most I will have worked over with my MXT and removed a lot of junk and some coins.

I'm glad you didn't ask me that question.

Obviously you like the Deus since the F75 is gone. how come ?

Deus is the better relic machine,F75ltd2 is the better coin machine.Both good machines,geared differently..Had both.

Thanks My main interest is seeing if I can get deeper coins than my mxt is getting. Your post on just amazing is what prompted me to start looking at the F75.

I liked the Deus better mainly due to stability. I hear the new F75's are pretty stable. But the ergonomics of the Deus are hare to beat.

I agree with the ergonomic,deus can't be beat.And the new fishers are just as stable as the deus,Id call that a draw..where the fisher steps ahead in the coin hunting dept is visual Id.The numbers are pretty stable and not all lumped together..If it weren't for that I'd still have the deus just for the ergonomics,like swinging a feather and it folds down into nearly nothing.

Ltd2 ran very stable compared to others that I tried in my primary spot that went nuts due to EMI.

I can't say I didn't like the LTD2 I just prefer the Deus ergonomics/weight/functions..etc.
I primarily relic hunt but have found many a coin along the way.

DST F75 vs Deus.
How do they compare.

Mineral handling,,,higher ground minerals advantage Deus.
Separation in iron stock coil to stock coil advantage Deus.

Cost advantage F75

ID at depth advantage F75,,but in higher mineral soil Deus and F75 closer.

Relics,,advantage Deus,,weight factor.

Ease of use,,F75 gets the nod.

Now some think the F75 is a better coin Hunter,,I agree it can be but IMO this would be site dependent.

Meaning say a site has been busted with FBS units like Etrac or CTX for coin hunting.
Which detector had I rather have to go in behind these fbs detectors and try to find coins?? Deus

For virgin sites I would take F75 unit. If I had just a Deus and F75 to choose from.

DST f75 units tend to run pretty quiet,,not chirpy lie Deus even when there is no emi present.

Both will find coins.

Deus,,for coin hunting a user needs to evaluate more than just meter reading TID number wise,,,where F75 you can mostly depend on TID reading to dig.

F75 does have depth meter,,,Deus doesn't per SE,,but Deus has horseshoe meter and signature in xy screen to approximate depth.
New Deus user will have to use detector to get better idea of how to work and mange this.
F75 user not much work needed here.

All metal
F75 is a lot easier.
Actually I find Deus AM troublesome,,,maybe it might run better in milder ground,,but it gives me fits to keep unit stable.

In heavier iron and nails Go Deus
In cleaner ground F75 very competitive especially milder ground mineral wise.

Folks back when thought the F75 was a great performer around iron.
Enter Deus,,thoughts have now changed.

Hope this helps.

Depending on your soil makeup, the Deus runs much better in highly mineralized soil than the F75. Since V4, the tracking is vastly improved on the Deus. In Full Tones the audio provides a lot more target information. I own both machines but if I could keep only one it would be the Feus.

I actually prefer a deus lite over control...but that's just me..it will hit hard on coins but also a lot of other nonferrous items as well will high tone.Deus is a hood machine but I just find the f75 easier ....but in the future I probably will also get a deus lite again ,, the weight is awesome

I've owned both. I have two Deuses, now, and no F75. I just couldn't get past the wall of sound that is the F75.

I switched from an F75SE to a Deus and never looked back.

Weight, ergonomics, wireless (this was huge considering how many sets of headphones I went through on the F75 b/c of where they plug in, not to mention the ease of swapping coils)

The last straw was on a woods hunt with my brother. He stepped on a yellow jacket nest and like any good brother, ran straight towards me when they started stinging him. They immediately started stinging me and I tried to run away but the headphone cord got tangled on a branch, which spun me around and allowed the YJ's to sting me a few more times.

The overloading on the F75 drove me nuts too. It literally rendered large portions of sites unhuntable. Deus doesn't have that problem.

F75SE was also SUPER chatty when you ran it hot. I didn't like that much.

If they made an F75 fully wireless and got rid of that annoying overload, I'd buy another.

I switched from an F75SE to a Deus and never looked back.

Weight, ergonomics, wireless (this was huge considering how many sets of headphones I went through on the F75 b/c of where they plug in, not to mention the ease of swapping coils)

The last straw was on a woods hunt with my brother. He stepped on a yellow jacket nest and like any good brother, ran straight towards me when they started stinging him. They immediately started stinging me and I tried to run away but the headphone cord got tangled on a branch, which spun me around and allowed the YJ's to sting me a few more times.

The overloading on the F75 drove me nuts too. It literally rendered large portions of sites unhuntable. Deus doesn't have that problem.

F75SE was also SUPER chatty when you ran it hot. I didn't like that much.

If they made an F75 fully wireless and got rid of that annoying overload, I'd buy another.

Did you have a over load problem in iron? Never had a overload on my f75, but I guess it could happen.
I like both the deus and f75, if I had both leaning side by side it would be a hard pick.I don't think anyone could go wrong with either.

thanks for all the info. Tn, I went back and read your comparison of the deus and F75 on the nickle. F75 is still in the lead by and edge, but if it doesn't rain here pretty soon, I may not have to worry about another detector.

thanks for all the info. Tn, I went back and read your comparison of the deus and F75 on the nickle. F75 is still in the lead by and edge, but if it doesn't rain here pretty soon, I may not have to worry about another detector.

A reminder here.

A lot of what I have posted about Deus is Deus loaded with version 3.2.

A Deus unit loaded with version 4.0 may be different,,actually could be a better performer.

Back
Top Bottom