Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-12-2019, 05:12 PM
pacer's Avatar
pacer pacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern Nevada - Reno
Posts: 291
Default

Originally Posted by Pete e View post
Sounds a bit of a pain but at least hopefully you won't need to do it very often.

Currently I am using a Taotronices Blue tooth transmitter (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency) on my Racer 2 to give me a a wireless function to my August EP650 headphones ...For a budget set up it works very well and has no noticeable lag...

I've been looking for a set of LL earbuds here in the UK, but the only already mentioned are fairly expensive and more than I want to spend for the use I will get...Therefore I think I am going try a Taotronics low latency Bluetooth reciever coupled with a set of wired ear buds (which I already own) and see how I get on...
No pain at all. Was out detecting today and did as I explained just to see how it goes. Went smoothly and only took a couple of minutes.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #22  
Old 08-13-2019, 02:23 PM
pacer's Avatar
pacer pacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern Nevada - Reno
Posts: 291
Default

After 3 outings out with my new earbuds, happy to report they're functioning exactly has I had hoped they would. They pair flawlessly, are aptX low latency, crystal clear, no white noise and are very comfortable.
Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
  #23  
Old 10-01-2019, 11:20 PM
AirmetTango's Avatar
AirmetTango AirmetTango is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,126
Default

Originally Posted by pacer View post
After 3 outings out with my new earbuds, happy to report they're functioning exactly has I had hoped they would. They pair flawlessly, are aptX low latency, crystal clear, no white noise and are very comfortable.
Thanks again for posting about these earbuds, pacer. I finally got fed up with my previous brand of earbuds (short run time, and dropped connections constantly), and I ordered a set of the Aukey EP-B80's a couple of weeks ago. I've had the chance to use them for about a half dozen hunts so far, and I have to say, I absolutely love them!

As you said, they paired almost immediately, great sound quality, stay in place, and I can wear them for hours in complete comfort! Longest hunt so far was about 4 hours, so I haven't put their run time to a full test yet. But with the USB-C charge port they charge lightning fast. Manual says about 1.5 hours to fully charge them from zero...after my longest hunt they took less than 30 minutes to recharge fully.

I'll post again when I get a better idea of total run time - but I highly recommend this set of earbuds based on the rest of the features alone!

__________________

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 10-02-2019, 09:42 AM
pacer's Avatar
pacer pacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern Nevada - Reno
Posts: 291
Default

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Thanks again for posting about these earbuds, pacer. I finally got fed up with my previous brand of earbuds (short run time, and dropped connections constantly), and I ordered a set of the Aukey EP-B80's a couple of weeks ago. I've had the chance to use them for about a half dozen hunts so far, and I have to say, I absolutely love them!

As you said, they paired almost immediately, great sound quality, stay in place, and I can wear them for hours in complete comfort! Longest hunt so far was about 4 hours, so I haven't put their run time to a full test yet. But with the USB-C charge port they charge lightning fast. Manual says about 1.5 hours to fully charge them from zero...after my longest hunt they took less than 30 minutes to recharge fully.

I'll post again when I get a better idea of total run time - but I highly recommend this set of earbuds based on the rest of the features alone!
AirmetTango, glad your happy with them. As for myself, I liked them so much, I purchased a second set.
Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Mikey48's Avatar
Mikey48 Mikey48 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 631
Default

looks like the price has gone way up

Aukey's EP-B80 Bluetooth Ear Buds are now $79.00 on Amazon.
Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:04 PM
AirmetTango's Avatar
AirmetTango AirmetTango is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,126
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
looks like the price has gone way up

Aukey's EP-B80 Bluetooth Ear Buds are now $79.00 on Amazon.
Hmmm...yep, that’s more than I paid on Sept 16 through Amazon. My price was $64 at the time, and the merchant was “Aukey Direct, fulfilled by Amazon” - the same merchant that now has them listed “on sale” for $80, reduced from $120 . Don’t know if I just got lucky with a deeper “sale” price or what, but I’m pretty sure the listing didn’t have $120 shown as the original price when I bought. I know the list price is irrelevant, kinda like MAPs for detectors, but still interesting that it seems to have gone up significantly also.

I assume “Aukey Direct” is the manufacturer’s official distribution, but not certain. I wonder why the drastic price increase

All that said, they really are pretty impressive earbuds. They beat the pants off of the various $30 sets I’ve burned through trying to find a decent set - if I had bought these first, I would have “saved” money even at $80. Still, $80 is pretty steep (and I know many will say $64 was steep, too). Might be worth waiting to see if there’s another “sale” at some point...

__________________

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Reply With Quote


  #27  
Old 10-16-2019, 09:41 PM
fullbattery fullbattery is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NC
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey48 View post
looks like the price has gone way up

Aukey's EP-B80 Bluetooth Ear Buds are now $79.00 on Amazon.
$47.99 for a limited time https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wireles...ZC6UH73&sr=8-3
Reply With Quote


  #28  
Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 PM
AirmetTango's Avatar
AirmetTango AirmetTango is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,126
Default

Originally Posted by fullbattery View post
$47.99 for a limited time https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Wireles...ZC6UH73&sr=8-3
That does it for me...bought a second pair! Thanks for posting that, fullbattery!

__________________

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Reply With Quote


  #29  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Mikey48's Avatar
Mikey48 Mikey48 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 631
Default

back to 80 bucks again. Short buying window.
Reply With Quote


  #30  
Old 02-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Dan B.'s Avatar
Dan B. Dan B. is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,328
Default

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
That does it for me...bought a second pair! Thanks for posting that, fullbattery!
Thanks for forwarding the link to me. They are $60 a pair. I will get a pair order tomorrow.

__________________
Equinox 600

oldest coin to date 1773 4 Maravedies
2020/(16) silver coins (3) silver jewelry (0) gold jewelry (2)IHP (19) wheat (2) tokens

Reply With Quote


  #31  
Old 02-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Watermoc Watermoc is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

These are back on sell at Amazon. $39.99 with coupon. Thanks for this thread. I just purchased a pair for my Equinox 800.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #32  
Old 02-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Watermoc Watermoc is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Well today they are back up to $57.00. The $39.99 with coupon didn't last very long.
Reply With Quote


  #33  
Old 02-04-2020, 07:03 PM
jl1252's Avatar
jl1252 jl1252 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Grass Valley, Ca
Posts: 548
Default

Aukey has released another pair of "low latency" earbuds. Says they were first listed on amazon on January 3, 2020...no reviews yet. $36 and theres currently a $5 off coupon for them...

Just passing on the info...

AUKEY Bluetooth 5 Headphones, Neckband Headset with aptX Low Latency, IPX5 Water Resistance, Skin-Friendly Flexible Neckband, Hi-Fi Stereo Wireless Earbuds for iPhone, Huawei, Samsung https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FPV792..._imGoEbNMBY09J

__________________
Minelab Equinox 800 / Minelab ProFind 35 / Best finds: 1858S, 59S, 71S & 72S Seated Halves, 1854, 55, 56S, 58S, 61S & 76S Seated Quarters, 1842 Seated Dime, 1853O Seated Half Dime, 1/2 Reale, and 2 gold nuggets.

Reply With Quote


  #34  
Old 02-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Dan B.'s Avatar
Dan B. Dan B. is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,328
Default

Originally Posted by Watermoc View post
These are back on sell at Amazon. $39.99 with coupon. Thanks for this thread. I just purchased a pair for my Equinox 800.
Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. It worked for me I just had one of the young guys here at work order it and I will have it tomorrow.

__________________
Equinox 600

oldest coin to date 1773 4 Maravedies
2020/(16) silver coins (3) silver jewelry (0) gold jewelry (2)IHP (19) wheat (2) tokens

Reply With Quote


  #35  
Old 02-15-2020, 07:01 AM
NOXmd's Avatar
NOXmd NOXmd is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 26
Default

JL1252 Just bought these, after looking for several hours, this thread and your post found what I wanted. Thx. Will update after I use them a while.
Reply With Quote


  #36  
Old 02-26-2020, 06:32 PM
pacer's Avatar
pacer pacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern Nevada - Reno
Posts: 291
Default

Found them on ebay for $49.95 with free shipping. Here is a link:
https://www.ebay.com/c/21027595913
Reply With Quote


  #37  
Old 02-27-2020, 09:02 PM
Martin_V3i's Avatar
Martin_V3i Martin_V3i is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North DFW, TX
Posts: 3,645
Default

I just got mine, and yes, they pairr, but WITHOUT the "+" symbol. These have much more delay that my Tronds. Not, just NOT LL headphones. Y'all get the plus symbol on yours?
Reply With Quote


  #38  
Old 02-27-2020, 09:44 PM
Watermoc Watermoc is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Martin_V3i View post
I just got mine, and yes, they pairr, but WITHOUT the "+" symbol. These have much more delay that my Tronds. Not, just NOT LL headphones. Y'all get the plus symbol on yours?
My B80's paired up with the low latency + symbol. I can't detect any lag.
Reply With Quote


  #39  
Old 02-27-2020, 09:46 PM
Martin_V3i's Avatar
Martin_V3i Martin_V3i is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North DFW, TX
Posts: 3,645
Default DON'T Buy These!

My Equinox600 does not connect with the +symbol and that shows up in latency delay. They connect but with tons of delay for a supposedly and advertised...5.0 LL
Reply With Quote


  #40  
Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 PM
Watermoc Watermoc is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by Martin_V3i View post
My Equinox600 does not connect with the +symbol and that shows up in latency delay. They connect but with tons of delay for a supposedly and advertised...5.0 LL
Maybe try a factory reset on the detector and then try to pair the ear buds. I did a factory reset on mine to unpair the wm08 module. The earbuds then paired up without a problem. I do have the Nox 800.
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.