Garrett Ace 250 pinpointing issue

jake-38

i got my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector 3 days ago and everything was working fine, and now it recently rained and the ground is wet and when i use it now it still detects metal targets accurately but when i use the pinpoint setting it seems to do the constant ringing with full bars as if it is directly over the target when it is over any grass area even though i know there is no metal there but when i put it over concrete it stops. im wondering if the wet grass is effecting it someway or if it is caused by something else?

When the soil is wet it makes any electrolytes more reactive than if the soil is dry. Like set sand vs dry sand. The salt in suspension makes the coil go bonkers. Is it all grass areas that are wet, or just that ONE grassy area that are effecting your 250. Try taking it to a different location and see what happens.

Usually I like wet soil, the targets light up a bit more under the coil. The soil here in Seattle is mostly acidic. Don't have to worry to much about ground balance issues.

i got my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector 3 days ago and everything was working fine, and now it recently rained and the ground is wet and when i use it now it still detects metal targets accurately but when i use the pinpoint setting it seems to do the constant ringing with full bars as if it is directly over the target when it is over any grass area even though i know there is no metal there but when i put it over concrete it stops. im wondering if the wet grass is effecting it someway or if it is caused by something else?

Is your senstivty at max or close to it. I use that same machine for 5 years. Works fines what it says it does. I am amazed at how small of the targets it can find. Once I found a metal ball the size of a bb by its self !

I'll be glad to help anyway

Back
Top Bottom