Looking for a definative answer.

Radman1

I have been reading alot of posts on this Forum regarding NEL coils. I am looking at a NEL that is made specifically for the AT Pro. What I want to know is will it work on my AT Max ? It seems the information I am getting is all over the place as far as it being interchangeable. Can anyone give me a definitive answer YES or NO ? Would like to hear from someone who may actually be using a NEL Thunder made for the AT Pro ON a AT Max.

I have been reading alot of posts on this Forum regarding NEL coils. I am looking at a NEL that is made specifically for the AT Pro. What I want to know is will it work on my AT Max ? It seems the information I am getting is all over the place as far as it being interchangeable. Can anyone give me a definitive answer YES or NO ? Would like to hear from someone who may actually be using a NEL Thunder made for the AT Pro ON a AT Max.

I use a Thunder Coil on my AT MAX. It says that it is only for the AT MAX. I know that the Hoover Boys did use a large NEL coil on the MAX (that was made for the AT PRO) before NEL made one specific to the MAX without any problem. NEL now does make ones specific to each model. I would be safe and just use the one designed for the MAX.

Thanks, I have an opportunity to pick up a Thunder made for the Pro at a good price, but it will be money down the drain if it doesn't work on my Max. Getting conflicting information, people saying it works and others saying no way. May just have to bite the bullet and spend the extra money, it just sucks because I could save like 60 bucks on the like new coil.

Tons of folks out there including the engineers that designed these things have stated just because a mismatched coil "seems" to work doesn't mean it works optimally.
Most assume they just don't.
Wishing and hoping is one thing, science and technology is another.

A slight frequency difference between the Pro and the Max, that might not matter at all but then again it might.
What if it does, that would bother me forever if this was going to be a prime coil so I would always opt for the correct one if I can.
The thought of just the possibility of missing only one lifetime find because I wasn't running at optimum efficiency would bug me forever.
Again, only if this was a prime coil, if it was just a once in awhile accessory that would be different.

A $60 difference for a prime use tool, that is nothing in our world considering we go out and find money in this hobby...that is the way I look at extra accessories, anyway.
Silver and gold jewelry is one thing and can pay for the coil instantly with the right kind of target, also I find a ton of clad also while looking for the really great treasures and just the clad can add up quickly.
Just about every coil I have ever bought aftermarket has paid for itself easily even at retail price, some more then 10x's over their cost...way more than 10x's on a few.

Thanks, I have an opportunity to pick up a Thunder made for the Pro at a good price, but it will be money down the drain if it doesn't work on my Max. Getting conflicting information, people saying it works and others saying no way. May just have to bite the bullet and spend the extra money, it just sucks because I could save like 60 bucks on the like new coil.

Dude...try it out anyway...The Thunder is THE cazzizzle coil on the Pro, so you could easily resell it later if you wanted..

Attachments

• oct 6-16-3.jpg
    oct 6-16-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom