• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Newbie here

chukarhunt

Howdy Ya’ll,

I am not completely new to metal detecting, I have just never owned one. Wanting to learn more about the hobby and get in to it. My grandpa passed away earlier this year and he has his metal detector sitting in my grandmas garage. I used to play with it when I was younger, and I it was a blast. Can’t remember the model to save my life, but found all sorts of lead fishing weights at the campground we stayed at with it.

I used to sell metal detectors when I worked for Scheels many years ago as well. Definitely a fun and unique piece of machinery, just don’t know why I never bought one when I had the employee discount :/ Been so long I forgot a lot about detectors, hoping to refresh the mind here.

Thanks for the add!

Your coming at a good time.

There are many new detectors out that claim to be the end of all other detectors. But any of them will do. You will first want permission. Please fill your holes. The rest is equipment. You will dig trash, but good stuff is out there. Welome to the forum, and good luck.

Welcome from southeast Missouri. You came to the right place, lots of friendly folks and tons of knowledge and advice. Find out what machine you have then look it up on YouTube. Also, you can probably download the owners manual from the companies website for free.

Welcome from Hawaii. Soon as you're able take that detector of your grandpa's and head on out and start swinging. You might even feel the old man looking over your shoulder now and then. Good way to keep in touch and remember

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome! I should have stated I am from Northeastern Nevada, Spring Creek to be exact. Ground is starting to freeze up here, but at least I can get started researching. :)

I talked to my grandma the other day and it turns out the detector is at her other house, which happens to be pretty close to me. Hope to pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom