• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How many of you have found a half dollar/dollar coin so far

I have found 2 Franklin halves in the past week and a half. I have 8 or 9 total silver halves in 6 years detecting. No silver dollars yet.

Coin Counting

Can't say that I've ever kept track of clad halves or dollar coins.

Rich (Utah)

Last edited:
The only ones I've found were 1 clad Kennedy Half and several of the modern brass dollar coins. Nothing silver yet but I dont hold out much hope of finding a silver one here in Hawaii.

Should be plenty there, ww11 base and lots of stationed military through the years. My uncle would tell me stories all the time of their time in hawaii. Find where the soldiers hung out.

I've found two Kennedy halves and one Franklin. The Franklin was at a newer highschool and I suspect was stolen by a teen from their parents then lost there. And three modern dollar coins.

Ive been lucky in the half department this year. 3 walkers and one 1895 O barber half. Ive found a dozen halves in 6 seasons. ZERO silver dollars, and I've only heard of one being found around my parts which was a Morgan dollar. Though halves can be found in public areas, your best bet would be private property (with permission of course) or spots that havent been scanned already. The halves and dollar coins were the first to go...

I found one silver dollar in my yard of an old ranch house I lived in.I've found several Susan B Anthony coins.

I've found more than my fair share since I've been a member here...

Couple Ikes, five or six clad Kennedys, 7 walkers, 1 40% Kennedy, one Peace...

<°)))>{

Here you go Wisco. All found since late last year,all with the CTX,all at least 8”. The Morgan was pushing a foot. They’re out there,just really deep,masked or on private land...mostly.

Attachments

• 4A6B2408-1D25-447B-9AF2-1D96AF420547.jpg
    4A6B2408-1D25-447B-9AF2-1D96AF420547.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 79
Found this one on Friday along with this earring and a few other things under the floor of an old house. Wrong machine though, I was using a shop vac at work. Now if I could just find another with my detector....:grin:

Attachments

• IMAG0679.jpg
    IMAG0679.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom