Fun Question

SeaToSky69

So as a relative newbie to MDing, I realized that there are things that I pretty much see every time I'm out hunting. So here's the question:

What do you see all the time while hunting that you WISH were gold (not including can slaw/foil wrappers)?

For me it's two things:

1) Any kind of hair accessory - ponytail holders, barrettes, etc.
2) The solitary flip-flop. Not sure how people lose just one of these? But they do. And I see them nearly every time I'm out!

So just curious if the more experienced folks on the board or people in different parts of the country/world often find different things like that, and if so, what they are?

Happy hunting this weekend!
-Barbara

pull tabs/ beaver tails, wish they were nickels or gold rings :p
or bottle caps or screw caps.... I wish were at least clad quarters :roll:

Piles of dog poo! :roll:

(seriously, I don't understand why people can't pick them up, not really that hard. Every now and then I accidentally step in one when I'm too distracted by my surroundings)

You must be Physic! I was thinking about this exact topic yesterday! What would really help me make some big pay by being out detecting and general dinking around scavenging? I came up with:

"I WISH there was No Deposit fee AND a $1 return renumerance on all empty cans!" In Michigan, We get a dime per empty now, but a Dollar would be monumental!

Lord almighty would I be in high cotton! Heck! A guy could make himself $6 just emptying a six pack himself! Why stop there? A guy could get himself a suitcase of 30, drink at least half of them by noon, and pour out the rest on the curb! Or into an Igloo cooler or something!

$1 return for every empty can would certainly be a game changer in my economical retirement portfolio aspirations! Like Berkshire Hathaway A stocks laying around all over the place! Certainly help cover the liver transplant deductible someday! :laughing:

Attachments

• cans 62213.jpg
    cans 62213.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 325
You must be Physic! I was thinking about this exact topic yesterday! What would really help me make some big pay by being out detecting and general dinking around scavenging? I came up with:

"I WISH there was No Deposit fee AND a $1 return renumerance on all empty cans!" In Michigan, We get a dime per empty now, but a Dollar would be monumental!

Lord almighty would I be in high cotton! Heck! A guy could make himself $6 just emptying a six pack himself! Why stop there? A guy could get himself a suitcase of 30, drink at least half of them by noon, and pour out the rest on the curb! Or into an Igloo cooler or something!

$1 return for every empty can would certainly be a game changer in my economical retirement portfolio aspirations! Like Berkshire Hathaway A stocks laying around all over the place! Certainly help cover the liver transplant deductible someday! :laughing:
Mud, at least you get a $.10 return on your cans. Pennsylvania has no return money.

You are doing the drinking thing wrong my friend.. the trick is to drink Vodka Cranberry.. this way you can at least clean your Kidneys while you destroy your liver.. just say'n

:D

I did that! I sort of remember the event! I was out of town at a Trade Show! I thought..."Man! I can drink this Vodka Cranberry!" "It doesnt seem to have any effect on me whatsoever!" "I must be some sort of strange Human anomaly that is immune to the effects of Vodka!"

Then, I woke up the next morning and was missing one shoe, my shirt was on backwards, and my face looked like a glazed donut!....Yeah, that Vodka Cranberry or Vodka Peach Iced Tea will sneak up on a guy!:laughing: I stick to Lite Beer nowadays thanks to the Wisdom and Caution that Age bestows....:laughing:..I dont know what ever happened to my one missing shoe? Might be like the aforementioned flip flop singleton?

I deduced, For some reason, Vodka Cranberry will make a guy throw a shoe...A guy can get by with one kidney, but try showing up at home or work or the airport with only one shoe? Thats hard to explain! :laughing:

Same here. Western Australia doesn't give money for empty containers at the moment, but I think the government wants to bring in a few machines next year.

Its Time! Everybody is complaining about the plastic and metal empties littering up the Planet!.....Its a hot topic with the Kids! Concerned about the Environment and all that...Folks making a mess and causing damage to Gaia...Pacific Garbage Gyre and all that....

In the States, there is even some local grants being let out to have Bums pick up litter and get paid cash for it!...Some are making 80k per year for cleaning up Human excrement off the sidewalks in San Francisco..so hey...Just thinking positive and making a plan!...I'm on the waiting list!

Whats the future in our Sport?? A nice clean empty container or pedestrian walkway hazardous bowel movement Bumturd removal? I'll take the cans all day long at a buck per, or $10 for mopping up a fresh dropped bum stool!!! Besides my own of course...:laughing: But damn, its gotta be something financially attractive....Right? With a Per Diem?

Aint nobody dropping pennies anymore...I'll snatch up a wheelbarrow full of sidewalk Bumstool for $10 per lb and empty cans for a Dollar each!....Its not like theres Merc dimes or Silver dollars laying around all over the place! Plenty of Bumturds and cans though..an Urban survivor has to keep up with the times....Might have to GoFundMe....Offer my adventures and services as a Bumstool and Veteran Cannie? Lord, that would be cool, no clock to punch!

But the Politicians should step in and pony up with the taxpayer money!...Its not like it cost them anything!...You want Bumstools and cans laying around all over the place? I thought Not! :laughing:.

Last edited:
My fingers so I could drive a cool Aston Martin

iu

Yeah!...Like you I'm pretty damn cool and high rolling! Bouncing on 14's!" Rolling down the street smoking! Laid back! With my mind on my money and my money on my mind!:laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• sherman1.jpg
    sherman1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 292
I wish the metal end of pencils that hold the eraser were gold.

They actually should be! What with the expense of kids nowadays!! Damn these Kids are expensive anymore! back not very long ago Kids were considered a benefit to have around or a minor annoyance! ! Not any more! What the hell happened?

Just to make it comparable, The eraser should be comprised of Prime Afghanistan Gum Black Tar Hopium...The wood should be Bubinga, or Maybe even extinct Siberian Mammoth tusks?! Now THATs a Pencil! A Parent needs something along these lines...Just to break even! Kids nowadays will set a guy back easily $100K...and thats if you stay married, and kicked them out of the house in High School...:laughing:

Case in point...I was talking to a young Father the other day..He said the "Tooth Fairy" gives his kids $10 per drop!! I'm like WTH? TEN DOLLARS per tooth?! Holy Bleep! I couda bought a house by the time I was 10!:laughing::laughing:

As he was talking...,All I could think about was an old Riddle:.."32 white horses, on a red hill, first they stamp, then they champ, and then they stand still"

I'm like damn!...32 horses worth $10 per? WTH is this? Are we discussing or negotiating a Govt Army contract in the 1800's to some Wyoming Horse rancher? Battle of Little Bighorn supplies kind of deal?...

So the guy has got a kid, and the kid threw a tooth and got paid $10 for it!..

Like 10 Merc dimes per tooth?! Kids teeth seem to be worth some big damn money nowadays!...like maybe to Witches or child support Lawyers?...I doint know what it is in the value?...I'd pay $100 for a Walrus' tusk!...I wouldnt give a nickel for no damned kids tooth though!..

.Unless it was Jesus' baby teeth?!...certified and documented 'Jesus tooth' by the Mother Mary?! Yeah!,..Certified 'Jesus teeth' would make for a nice display with the Galilean boatbuilder carpenter tools in my collection! Or a cool cufflink....or some damn thing worth $50 on Etsy.........

Last edited:
…….empty cans!" In Michigan, We get a dime per empty now.....

Mud, at least you get a $.10 return on your cans. Pennsylvania has no return money.

Same here. Western Australia doesn't give money for empty containers at the moment, but I think the government wants to bring in a few machines next year.

Hey, $.10 per can is not bad compared to getting $.40 per pound as scrap here as I kinda think it'd take more than 4 cans to make a pound :laughing:

Here is the current scrap price on aluminum cans here -

https://www.cmcrecyclinglexington.com/current-pricing/

from the above link:

Aluminum cans (automatic 5% deduction of weight on all aluminum cans to offset loss due to moisture. $ 0.40 (per pound)

Hey, $.10 per can is not bad compared to getting $.40 per pound as scrap here as I kinda think it'd take more than 4 cans to make a pound :laughing:

Here is the current scrap price on aluminum cans here -

https://www.cmcrecyclinglexington.com/current-pricing/

from the above link:

Aluminum cans (automatic 5% deduction of weight on all aluminum cans to offset loss due to moisture. $ 0.40 (per pound)

Wait a minute GKL! So you are saying in todays dollars value, a real Baby Jesus tooth 2000 yrs old is worth less than last nights discarded empty flung out the window Michigan ditch beer can? Worth less than a SanFrancisco sidewalk $10 Bumstool? You will certainly be smoking a turd in Purgatory!!! Damn!

I was warned that this Forum entertained a tough crowd..but just dizzle damn! What a freakin' iniquitous Profligate you are!! Freakin aye!...

They actually should be! What with the expense of kids nowadays!! Damn these Kids are expensive anymore! back not very long ago Kids were considered a benefit to have around or a minor annoyance! ! Not any more! What the hell happened?

Just to make it comparable, The eraser should be comprised of Prime Afghanistan Gum Black Tar Hopium...The wood should be Bubinga, or Maybe even extinct Siberian Mammoth tusks?! Now THATs a Pencil! A Parent needs something along these lines...Just to break even! Kids nowadays will set a guy back easily $100K...and thats if you stay married, and kicked them out of the house in High School...:laughing:

Case in point...I was talking to a young Father the other day..He said the "Tooth Fairy" gives his kids $10 per drop!! I'm like WTH? TEN DOLLARS per tooth?! Holy Bleep! I couda bought a house by the time I was 10!:laughing::laughing:

As he was talking...,All I could think about was an old Riddle:.."32 white horses, on a red hill, first they stamp, then they champ, and then they stand still"

I'm like damn!...32 horses worth $10 per? WTH is this? Are we discussing or negotiating a Govt Army contract in the 1800's to some Wyoming Horse rancher? Battle of Little Bighorn supplies kind of deal?...

So the guy has got a kid, and the kid threw a tooth and got paid $10 for it!..

Like 10 Merc dimes per tooth?! Kids teeth seem to be worth some big damn money nowadays!...like maybe to Witches or child support Lawyers?...I doint know what it is in the value?...I'd pay $100 for a Walrus' tusk!...I wouldnt give a nickel for no damned kids tooth though!..

.Unless it was Jesus' baby teeth?!...certified and documented 'Jesus tooth' by the Mother Mary?! Yeah!,..Certified 'Jesus teeth' would make for a nice display with the Galilean boatbuilder carpenter tools in my collection! Or a cool cufflink....or some damn thing worth $50 on Etsy.........

That tooth fairy may be paying more these days, but she's a tough one to trick. When I was 7 or so and lost a tooth she left me a nice shiny quarter. The next day, the little pirate side of me, took my white chalk set outside and filed a stick down into 5 nice looking baby teeth decoys. She wasnt fooled.

Piles of dog poo! :roll:

(seriously, I don't understand why people can't pick them up, not really that hard. Every now and then I accidentally step in one when I'm too distracted by my surroundings)

I walk my dog and detect in park by the river. Often when metal detecting I see a dog owner with his/her dog pooping and they look around to see if anyone is watching and then just leave. They never see me because the area I detect is off in the woods a little bit. I have thought about scooping up their left poop and putting on their car hood. But most often I can never be sure which car is their car so I don't. Don't want to slime an innocent person's car maybe get my A** kicked.

Oh, by the way, it is most often the owner of a small dog. The larger breed dog owners seem to always bag their dog's poop and put into the trash.

Back
Top Bottom