1929 Delegate Pin?

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Need help to ID Pin I found at 1930s school.

Blue enamel says Delegate Milwaukee 1929 on front and Robbins Co, Attleboro on back. I have the company info, but trying to ID organization on Pin.

Thanks for any assistance.

25739eb2021b01ae383754c3b95dc33c.jpg

dec54d96373f6b34e1fec6e1269f7f65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is....the wearer of that pin you found was a delegate at a democratic political convention held in Milwaukee, Wis. in 1929.? Held up fairly nice for being dug although the back pin broke off...Cool find!

My guess is....the wearer of that pin you found was a delegate at a democratic political convention held in Milwaukee, Wis. in 1929.? Held up fairly nice for being dug although the back pin broke off...Cool find!

Thanks for the info.

I believe that what you may have found there is a Kiwanis Club International Delegate pin from their 1929 Milwaukee Convention, since they also had a convention in Denver in 1924, a very similar pin from which is already mentioned in this thread. This link will take one to an image linking to a little booklet called, Kiwanis in Brief from the early '30s. Click the image, open the PDF, and scroll to page 7 for a list of conventions by date and their locations.

This rather bizarre photo of some of the Milwaukee attendees can be found in the special collections archive of the Indiana University IUPAI Library Digital Collections. Presumably, that radiantly glowing fellow at the desk is just beaming in from the Enterprise or maybe some other dimension to approve the Awards Dinner menu selection...Either that, or his aftershave is just WAY too intense:

ajaxhelper

Last edited:
I believe that what you may have found there is a Kiwanis Club International Delegate pin from their 1929 Milwaukee Convention, since they also had a convention in Denver in 1924, a very similar pin from which is already mentioned in this thread. This link will take one to an image linking to a little booklet called, Kiwanis in Brief from the early '30s. Click the image, open the PDF, and scroll to page 7 for a list of conventions by date and their locations.

This rather bizarre photo of some of the Milwaukee attendees can be found in the special collections archive of the Indiana University IUPAI Library Digital Collections. Presumably, that glowing fellow at the desk is just beaming in from the Enterprise or maybe some other dimension to approve the Awards Dinner menu selection...

ajaxhelper

Thanks for the info!

I believe that what you may have found there is a Kiwanis Club International Delegate pin from their 1929 Milwaukee Convention, since they also had a convention in Denver in 1924, a very similar pin from which is already mentioned in this thread.

This rather bizarre photo of some of the Milwaukee attendees can be found in the special collections archive of the Indiana University IUPAI Library Digital Collections. Presumably, that radiantly glowing fellow at the desk is just beaming in from the Enterprise or maybe some other dimension to approve the Awards Dinner menu selection...Either that, or his aftershave is just WAY too intense:

Great research!
Bizarre is truly the only way to describe that photo

He entered a portal from Orion to earth in order to attend the ceremony. What an aura that alien is putting out! Nice research!

He entered a portal from Orion to earth in order to attend the ceremony. What an aura that alien is putting out! Nice research!

Thanks for the kudos! Sure, you can jest about those "close encounters," but then there's this recent issue of Kiwanis Magazine to give one pause...

ki%20magazine%20ki-0416-cover.jpg

In other current affairs...

trump272.jpg

Bilgemaster I didn't word my comments correctly above as it was not meant in a joking way. I'm one of those that think there are a LOT of unexplained accomplishments by different cultures in past world history :>)

Before Photoshop there was the airbrush. They needed a white background for this guy.

Back
Top Bottom