Fun Question

So as a relative newbie to MDing, I realized that there are things that I pretty much see every time I'm out hunting. So here's the question:

What do you see all the time while hunting that you WISH were gold (not including can slaw/foil wrappers)?

For me it's two things:

1) Any kind of hair accessory - ponytail holders, barrettes, etc.
2) The solitary flip-flop. Not sure how people lose just one of these? But they do. And I see them nearly every time I'm out!

So just curious if the more experienced folks on the board or people in different parts of the country/world often find different things like that, and if so, what they are?

Happy hunting this weekend!
-Barbara

See what you started, Barbara? Ask an innocent question, and people start proposing referendums on poop and aluminum.
One thing I wish was gold luck for me, would be every time someone revved their engine loud when they're taking off from an intersection. Loud pipes and squawking tires are popular around here...especially when the high school lets out.

We get a dime per empty now, but a Dollar would be monumental!

Mud Puppy - I grew up in Michigan and those ten-cent can refunds basically funded my college education! I guess, looking back on things, I was detecting metal before I ever owned a detector :laughing: Those dimes added up!

Yeah!...Like you I'm pretty damn cool and high rolling! Bouncing on 14's!" Rolling down the street smoking! Laid back! With my mind on my money and my money on my mind!:laughing::laughing:

Dang man, you''re an old Geezer........still didn't recognize James Bonds Aston Martin.

iu

What do you see all the time while hunting that you WISH were gold (not including can slaw/foil wrappers)?

I can’t hunt a single yard, park, public space, or field with age on it without turning up some bits and pieces of harmonica reeds! I swear I find more harmonica reed pieces than pulltabs. Turn those babies golden, and I’m a happy man!

And what the heck did people do with their harmonicas that the reeds are always in pieces?? I get it for the ones in fields...getting hit by plows shreds ‘em pretty good. But the ones in people’s yards are always in the same shape - just little bits and pieces :?:

I'd be content if those gold colored pull tabs were actually gold. Nothing worse than digging a pulltab signal, seeing the glint of gold in the side of your plug, getting excited, only to find out that the detector was right, pulltab...

I walk my dog and detect in park by the river. Often when metal detecting I see a dog owner with his/her dog pooping and they look around to see if anyone is watching and then just leave. They never see me because the area I detect is off in the woods a little bit. I have thought about scooping up their left poop and putting on their car hood. But most often I can never be sure which car is their car so I don't. Don't want to slime an innocent person's car maybe get my A** kicked.

Oh, by the way, it is most often the owner of a small dog. The larger breed dog owners seem to always bag their dog's poop and put into the trash.
Im 100% against any bags. 1st i figure its a natural fertilizer, you know how all the yuppies want this organic stuff, 2nd if every dog stuff is wrapped in plastic just think of the plastic going to the land fills from it. Im not sure what that will end up doing to global warming, but im sure Al Gore would agree we could lose a spotted owl, or maybe even a baby polar bear from it and i cant carry that kind of burden around. 3rd my Moma, rest her soul, told me I should walk through this world never hurt a fly and you know those flies benifit greatly here, so without listing my other 7 reasons of my top ten, lets just say im a firm believer in let it lay. :no: :shock: :D :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom