penny error

flier

Hey guys found this little guy with my new F2. I dont know much about these errors. It's my first. Not a bod find for me getting back into MD'in this week.

anybody know if its worth anythin? You can only see the "19" in on the date unfortunately.

thanks

Tom

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 422
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 418
That is a find you don't see everyday. Unfortunately with the date gone might not be worth as much.

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Errors/Off-Center.html

Worth is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I am not going to say you didn't find it but after looking at your history it is strange you find a very unique coin with your new machine and it is your first find post.

That is dangerous on any forum as your finds will be very suspect from now on. We have enough people that tend to exaggerate what they pull out of the ground.

as a coin collector, I own several of these mis-struck or off-center struck planchets. They are common to the zincolns ( post 1983).

Have never heard of one dug up, but I haven't heard everything.

From the images the OP posted, it is exactly similar to the two I have. In color and condition. Mine only have a 20 % offset, his is about 55 % offset, which would make it a bit more valuable.

This coin is so good looking, it could only have been in the dirt for a very, very, very short time.

Thanks guys, I actually found it near the school football field near my house, I'll prob go back because they just had the graduation outside nearby. Lots of people were there.
This was actually a pretty superficial find. wasnt deep at all. In fact it was just beneath the surface in the deep grass near the woods on the border of the campus. Im not sure if I even had to start a plug.
I found some other clad but I had to dig for those. It obviously cleaned up pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom