Magnifying Glass

PuddleJumper

Elite Member
I've been keeping an eye out for a magnifying glass for a while and all the ones that I have found seemed to be made of some cheap hard plastic like they were designed in the 70's and never changed. Well the other day I was at my local auto parts store and came across this guy made by Titan. It has a 2X magnification and a nice rubberized handle. Sells for less than $10. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested. Measures about 7" in length and the glass is just shy of 3" diameter.

TTN-15038.jpg

Here's my small magnifier that I picked up for a buck at a close-out sale.
Magnifier.gif
It works great and I carry it in my shirt pocket while hunting. I went back the next day to buy some more, but they were already out. It has a glass lens and not one of the cheap plastic ones.

pocket magnifier

I have a pocket one as well but find I need a led on it as well depending on the conditions/room lighting avail.

Re: Magnifying glasses

I am an old guy who loves raising flowers. I need magnifying glasses to watch pests on the leaves. Jewelers loupes are good, but they are so small that you can not use them to watch bigger objects. That is the reason why i recommend hand held magnifiers. In fact, there are tons of cheap magnifiers on the market today, I got an illuminated one with 4 x magnification for only $ 4.50. :p

310IReJsRjL.jpg

Here is a link that may be helpful: illuminated LED magnifying glasses .

Here's my real close looker. When the larger magnifiers wont see it well enough I use this and can see all. Bought it a long time ago - cant remember the cost. Steve in so az

magnifier2.jpg

magnifier1.jpg

I've been keeping an eye out for a magnifying glass for a while and all the ones that I have found seemed to be made of some cheap hard plastic like they were designed in the 70's and never changed. Well the other day I was at my local auto parts store and came across this guy made by Titan. It has a 2X magnification and a nice rubberized handle. Sells for less than $10. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested. Measures about 7" in length and the glass is just shy of 3" diameter.

TTN-15038.jpg

That does look like one kick arse magnifying glass. Might I suggest you also check Harbor Freight for a smaller one that you can carry in your pouch or pocket. I bought one of their LED lighted credit card magnifyers, and for field use, it's great.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers?BH Outback/CT hand held

If life hands you lemons, ask for some tequila and salt and call me over.

Back
Top Bottom