What do you use to video tape your hunts?

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Ok I have a different approach to im gonna try this spring. Instead of staying out of site and doing the old schools and churches in the country im gonna go door knocking on some of the older houses in town(1800S houses). have a feeling its gonna be a good yearand put this on tape just for fun if I actually grow some and do it. What video camera do you guys use? I want something easy that I don't have to hold thanks.

Ok I have a different approach to im gonna try this spring. Instead of staying out of site and doing the old schools and churches in the country im gonna go door knocking on some of the older houses in town(1800S houses). have a feeling its gonna be a good yearand put this on tape just for fun if I actually grow some and do it. What video camera do you guys use? I want something easy that I don't have to hold thanks.

I use a GoPro, the white version which is the cheapest and mount it on a head strap.
I like to capture it all from acquiring the target to recovery.
I can't stand carrying around cameras by hand because they just slow me down.

I use a GoPro, the white version which is the cheapest and mount it on a head strap.
I like to capture it all from acquiring the target to recovery.
I can't stand carrying around cameras by hand because they just slow me down.

How many videos have u made digger and where can I find them?

I find I enjoy the making the video almost as much as the hunting.

I use a gopro 3 that I have mounted on a baseball hat. I also use a Fuji xp it has less fisheye lens as the gopro and the sound is better the gopro sound is poor with the waterproof case but the Fuji is not bad and waterproof.

you can check out my videos on youtube here is the last hunt of the year before I got snowed in. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H9a5p_lH74

How many videos have u made digger and where can I find them?

This is my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigger1955

Some GoPro vids, a few with my phone, some I used my Panasonic handheld.

Most are for informational purposes that I have been doing for awhile.
One is about making pancakes I did for Coin_Master because he was whining about burning some of his.

I will do more GoPro vids this year.
I actually have hours of hunts recorded, I had to delete a ton because they took up so much space on my hard drive.

I keep the ones that are interesting or show me digging up something cool but those cool ones like gold are rare and hard to figure out when they will happen and I run out of battery time sometimes when they do show up.
The battery in the GoPro only lasts about 2-21/2 hours so this year I will get an extra one because they are relatively cheap and try to catch most of my longer hunts just in case something good pops up.
With the F70 I expect that will happen a little more often.

IT depends on the type of hunting I do. When I water hunt, I prefer to use my hat-mounted POV camera. I use a Tachyon camera because it's integrally waterproof without needing a case, but for top-side stuff I think the go-pros are better quality.

For dirt hunts I use a Panasonic Lumix TS3 handheld. I like it because it shoots in HD, it has auto macro, it slips easily into my pocket, and it's also waterproof without needing another case for it.

Some hunts I use both together.

This is my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigger1955

Some GoPro vids, a few with my phone, some I used my Panasonic handheld.

Most are for informational purposes that I have been doing for awhile.
One is about making pancakes I did for Coin_Master because he was whining about burning some of his.

I will do more GoPro vids this year.
I actually have hours of hunts recorded, I had to delete a ton because they took up so much space on my hard drive.

I keep the ones that are interesting or show me digging up something cool but those cool ones like gold are rare and hard to figure out when they will happen and I run out of battery time sometimes when they do show up.
The battery in the GoPro only lasts about 2-21/2 hours so this year I will get an extra one because they are relatively cheap and try to catch most of my longer hunts just in case something good pops up.
With the F70 I expect that will happen a little more often.

And digger I will be waiting for them new vids with the F70. I can already see its gonna be a good year for us. I just about have gotten a set of batterys threw my f75 so that put me around 40 hrs with her so far and im starting to get a feel for her now finally. F75 is a beast and im sure the f70 is as well but hey what do I know I think the f2 is a beast LOL. I miss that detector sometimes but then again sometimes I don't. You will do well with the 70 thing is super sensitive to silver and gold is almost like cheating.

And digger I will be waiting for them new vids with the F70. I can already see its gonna be a good year for us. I just about have gotten a set of batterys threw my f75 so that put me around 40 hrs with her so far and im starting to get a feel for her now finally. F75 is a beast and im sure the f70 is as well but hey what do I know I think the f2 is a beast LOL. I miss that detector sometimes but then again sometimes I don't. You will do well with the 70 thing is super sensitive to silver and gold is almost like cheating.

Love the F2, but the F70 is on a whole different playing field with different rules.
If I don't find silver or gold or something else really cool on every hunt I am almost disappointed.

I've never videoed but I love to watch good videos. I'm just gonna throw a suggestion at you. If you are going to make these public, I think they are a lot more interesting and informational if you can capture everything, including sounds from the time you start getting the signal of the target all the way through revealing the big find. I look forward to seeing some of what you shoot.

IT depends on the type of hunting I do. When I water hunt, I prefer to use my hat-mounted POV camera. I use a Tachyon camera because it's integrally waterproof without needing a case, but for top-side stuff I think the go-pros are better quality.

For dirt hunts I use a Panasonic Lumix TS3 handheld. I like it because it shoots in HD, it has auto macro, it slips easily into my pocket, and it's also waterproof without needing another case for it.

Some hunts I use both together.

Are u the famous TheSilverFiend
that found all that silver coins with the at gold ???

I've never videoed but I love to watch good videos. I'm just gonna throw a suggestion at you. If you are going to make these public, I think they are a lot more interesting and informational if you can capture everything, including sounds from the time you start getting the signal of the target all the way through revealing the big find. I look forward to seeing some of what you shoot.

Me too...so I do it this way.
Hit the Youtube button on the bottom and you can go to that site and change to full screen and 1080p...

This was shot with the GoPro white version.

Hit the Youtube button on the bottom and you can go to that site and change to full screen and 1980p...

yep, this is the kind of video I enjoy. Videos like this show it all and make it easier for a newbie like me to keep from getting discouraged.

Awesome guys and digger u say u have the head mounted option on urs. I seen a chest mounted one. Wld that wor any better yall think? And where do yall mount them at. Do yall just hold the camera r chest r head? I know U Digger have urs on ur head so far that's the way im gonna go.

Hit the Youtube button on the bottom and you can go to that site and change to full screen and 1980p...

Ok Digger im sold. Ur cam has great pic looks to be in HD am I right? And was that real gold u found and was it hollow? How much did she weigh?

Back
Top Bottom