pics of you in your winter time clothes

I usually where a hooded sweatshirt, pair of work overalls I kept after being a mechanic in the military and also have a couple of my BDU field jackets I still wear for just those occasions. It has lots of sturdy pockets so I don't need to worry about a find bag. Trash goes in the big pockets and good stuff in my breast pockets. (Just need to be careful if in the woods during hunting season)

4MSpzKy.jpg

Here's me in all my glory. My beard is now 3x more manly and long.

jzlYLid.jpg

It isn't cold there yet, the water isn't even froze :p. Tighten up that coil wire man.

Steve, there's a velcro wrap at the bottom of the shaft under the snow. That was the short shaft, I run the tallman now and most of that slack is gone. Didn't hurt my hunting being like that...Low tide is around 7 tomorrow morning, with -8 temps + 25 mph winds...The water will be a little slushy:lol: but I'll be there digging with a big azz shovel:cool:

Well here is something I know about. I've been detecting this past week in single digit temps without being a bit cold. Here is my system.

1st layer...
Base layer thermals. I can't tell you how great these are. They are a thin polyester material, kind of looks like spandex. This material wicks the moisture away from your skin, which is key. Here is a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Duofold-Weight-Bottom-Waterloo-X-Large/dp/B006SRT712/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388909400&sr=1-7&keywords=base+layer+pant

2nd layer...
Thermals

3rd layer top...
Wool Sweater. Keeps 80% of it's insulating properties when wet. Look into surplus military, quality products at a cheap price.

3rd layer bottom...
I wear cargo pants but any will do. I have a pair of insulated camo hunting pants I wear also for added protection.

4th layer...
Hooded sweatshirt. That hood will keep the draft off your neck.

5th layer....
I wear a columbia winter jacket, just the shell. This is worn as a wind breaker basically. Here is a link to one similar that I wear except mine is blue.
http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Lhotse-Mountain-Interchange-X-Large/dp/B00AHJL6EI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388909955&sr=8-3&keywords=columbia+winter+jacket

For my head I wear a ski mask type hat (think bank robber):yes: I'm thinking of switching to a balaclava, which would also help with neck drafts.
http://www.amazon.com/Rapdom-Tactical-Convertible-Balaclava-Black/dp/B00892M3W4/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1388910152&sr=8-15&keywords=balaclava

For my feet I put on pair of thick wool sock...and then put on a pair of even thicker wool socks. Wool is your friend.:yes: I finish this ensemble with a pair of knee high rubber boots. Yep, I'm quite a sight to behold once I'm all suited up.

***WARNING***
Make sure you walk straight out of your house once these clothes are on. If you don't, heat exhaustion will soon occur.:laughing:

Well here is something I know about. I've been detecting this past week in single digit temps without being a bit cold. Here is my system.

1st layer...
Base layer thermals. I can't tell you how great these are. They are a thin polyester material, kind of looks like spandex. This material wicks the moisture away from your skin, which is key. Here is a link.
http://www.amazon.com/Duofold-Weight-Bottom-Waterloo-X-Large/dp/B006SRT712/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1388909400&sr=1-7&keywords=base+layer+pant

2nd layer...
Thermals

3rd layer top...
Wool Sweater. Keeps 80% of it's insulating properties when wet. Look into surplus military, quality products at a cheap price.

3rd layer bottom...
I wear cargo pants but any will do. I have a pair of insulated camo hunting pants I wear also for added protection.

4th layer...
Hooded sweatshirt. That hood will keep the draft off your neck.

5th layer....
I wear a columbia winter jacket, just the shell. This is worn as a wind breaker basically. Here is a link to one similar that I wear except mine is blue.
http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Lhotse-Mountain-Interchange-X-Large/dp/B00AHJL6EI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388909955&sr=8-3&keywords=columbia+winter+jacket

For my head I wear a ski mask type hat (think bank robber):yes: I'm thinking of switching to a balaclava, which would also help with neck drafts.
http://www.amazon.com/Rapdom-Tactical-Convertible-Balaclava-Black/dp/B00892M3W4/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1388910152&sr=8-15&keywords=balaclava

For my feet I put on pair of thick wool sock...and then put on a pair of even thicker wool socks. Wool is your friend.:yes: I finish this ensemble with a pair of knee high rubber boots. Yep, I'm quite a sight to behold once I'm all suited up.

***WARNING***
Make sure you walk straight out of your house once these clothes are on. If you don't, heat exhaustion will soon occur.:laughing:

Now I think im gonna use this method THANKS VERY MUCH!

Cold Gear

I worked the Boats Out of Pittsburgh off and on for 20plus years. It is Frigid because Rivers are at the very bottom of the Valleys they Cut, and the Valley traps the wind! Everyone should know to wear Long Johns, Everyone should already know to Layer! The most important thing I can restate (etch this in stone), Is "Carhart's"! They come made for every temperature or Climate from standard to Arctic, and in many combinations. I prefer the Arctic Bibbed Coveralls and Arctic Hooded Jacket. Carhart's are Not Waterproof, but they are extremely Resistant. They lose the water resistance slowly with time, and lose it altogether with washing! They should be treated often! A Very Good Commercial grade Bibbed coverall and Jacket type Rubber Rain suit, is worth its weight in gold! But then Gear good below freezing is a waste of money to Treasure Hunters!!! GL & HH....Pat

Me detecting my yard was in teens that day. Had 2 find another pair of jersey gloves cause 1 pair wasn't doing it. And other pic is my wife.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 470
  • 1505495_134884180015269_1934107077_n.jpg
    1505495_134884180015269_1934107077_n.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 393
Very cool and looks super warm. What is it and where do I find one? Thanks!

My computer is fried and won't let me paste links. Just google "Buff". These work in summer or winter. I have several with fish patterns including redfish and speckled trout. The one in the photo is a tarpon.
You can even have custom ones made as long as it is 25 or more. No idea on pricing on custom ones?

Last edited:
My computer is fried and won't let me paste links. Just google "Buff". These work in summer or winter. I have several with fish patterns including redfish and speckled trout. The one in the photo is a tarpon.

thanks will do.

Fleece long john pants, over that, Deluth Trading fire house work pant with the built in knee pads. Polar fleece turtle neck, heavy wool sweater then a Simms primaloft vest. never get cold, hunted to 18 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom