State Champion Ring

rcasi44

Elite Member
:lol: I found a state football championship ring today. It should not be to hard to find the owner as his name is on the inside. I wish someone would return my class ring but it is at the bottom of a quarry.

The ring is the usual 10kt gold and had a VDI 65 to 67. I found it next to a basketball court in a city park using my 8" excelerator coil.

Attachments

• champ.jpg
    champ.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 533
  • champ2.jpg
    champ2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 523
Beautiful ring! I'd love to see the owner's reaction when you return it.

HH

ZL

That's a nice ring. Maybe you will get a finders fee when you return it. Good luck. :roll: :roll: :shock:

At this point the owners aren't making much of an effort to get the ring, so I don't think there will be a finders fee. The father called today and said the school had called. He said he would pick it up today and it is 9:15 and he hasn't arrived or called. If my kid had lost it I would have rushed over. In good faith I couldn't have kept it or sold it as scrap, Oh well. Rob

rcasi44 said:
At this point the owners aren't making much of an effort to get the ring, so I don't think there will be a finders fee. The father called today and said the school had called. He said he would pick it up today and it is 9:15 and he hasn't arrived or called. If my kid had lost it I would have rushed over. In good faith I couldn't have kept it or sold it as scrap, Oh well.  Rob

That may be true Rob, the important thing to remember is the effort to return the ring. You will have more comfort in trying than the owner of the ring, if he get's it back. Nice jesture on your part.

Rhubarb

Like Rhubarb said, your jesture is what's important. As long as you feel what you do is right. What happens on their end it up to them.

Amazing !!..you return a ring that might have brought $300 on eBay and the dad acts like he's doing you a favor to come and get it ....unbelievable !...what"s the old saying ?..."no good deed ever goes unpunished"...Roadrunner_426

If that had been my ring I would have been jumping for joy!!!
My class ring was stolen and sold to a pawn shop and thus I will never :( see it again!

Hugs,
Nancy

I think you are wonderful for even thinking of giving it back. A lot of people would have just said... finder's keepers! WTG

My father passed away when I was a young child and one of the few things he left me was his high school class ring. When I was a teenager someone broke into my mothers home and stole the ring. To this day I hold out hope that it was dropped by the thief and some good hearted md'er digs it up somewhere and seeks my family out to return it. I know I would certainly do the same. I'm giving you 1000 Atta Boy points for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom