After Ground Thaw Hunt At One Of My Old Spots

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hello Everybody, I haven't been able to hunt at all, in the last week and a half or so, due to the poor weather, below average temps, snow, and the frozen ground :cold:. I finally was able to catch a break today, with temps in the 50s, after a lot of snow melted, and the ground thawed. I went to a spot, I haven't hunted in a long time, mainly due to me thinking this place was hunted out by previous detectorists. I haven't had a lot of success at this location in the past. It seemed as if this was one of those sites that someone cherry picked to death :roll:. I have only found one silver here previously. Today I thought I'd go slower and listen for more iffy signals. It was super super muddy out! I had to retrieve my signals quickly before the hole filled up with water. And by the end of the hunt, my equipment was caked with mud. Anyway I would end up with 6 wheat pennies. 5 American and 1 Canadian. Two Mercury Dimes. And an old Chrysler car key. If anyone knows how old this key is, or what model it goes to, please let me know, thanks. This may be one of my last hunts of the year, considering more poor below average weather is coming over the weekend :cold1:, and could stop my season yet again :mad: It's not so much the cold that stops me, it's the ground freezing, and the lake effect snow that piles up and makes me lose depth. Anyway here are the pics, enjoy, good luck on your future hunts, and happy hunting Everyone! :)

Attachments

• SAM_1484.jpg
    SAM_1484.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 523
  • SAM_1488.jpg
    SAM_1488.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 510
  • SAM_1490.jpg
    SAM_1490.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 518
  • SAM_1492.jpg
    SAM_1492.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 513
  • SAM_1495.jpg
    SAM_1495.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 510
  • SAM_1482.jpg
    SAM_1482.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 502
Congrats on the late season hunt and the twin mercs. We got cold weather heading into the Bluegrass state late this week as well.

Nice going Ron. I got out myself today for an hour. Picked up 7 wheats in 45 minutes including a 1934S and a 1950S. First time getting 2 "S" coins in 1 hunt.

By the way, those 7 wheats give me 376 wheats in 111.5 hours at this particular site, all this year.

I had to look for high spots to hunt as most of the site was a big puddle. I agree with ya bud, our season is 99% done.

Looking forward to hunting with you again soon Ron :) Congrats on a great season. You did real good.

I had a 72 dodge dart swinger and the key looks almost identical. Nice job on the silvers.

Nice going Ron. I got out myself today for an hour. Picked up 7 wheats in 45 minutes including a 1934S and a 1950S. First time getting 2 "S" coins in 1 hunt.

By the way, those 7 wheats give me 376 wheats in 111.5 hours at this particular site, all this year.

I had to look for high spots to hunt as most of the site was a big puddle. I agree with ya bud, our season is 99% done.

Looking forward to hunting with you again soon Ron :) Congrats on a great season. You did real good.
Thanks Tony :) I look forward to hunting with you again soon too. You had an amazing season man! Those San Francisco minted Wheats are definitely hard to find around here, especially the early ones. Let's hope we have a mild winter this year up here. :yes:

Great score on the two mercs and bunch of wheats there :good: we're getting that lake effect right now here in south west Michigan and it's only about 17 degrees out there so it's going to be a while before I do any detecting.

Back
Top Bottom