rechargeable battery pack help please

h2oyo

hello,
I am new to this hobby as I just picked up a whites 5000/D. I was playing/learning my new toy this morning. It doesn't have a rechargeable battery pack and I would like to get one. I have the charger just no pack. The charger uses a 9volt battery type connection and I don't know where to find a pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Johan

I strongly recommend that you call Whites Electronics. (I don't know why people don't call the factory? That's the first resource you should utilize. Sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh, but people just assume because the detector is old the factory must not make them anymore. That may be the case but always call them & ask!! If you had, you'd have a battery right now. Someone just recently was asking where to get a 4C battery pack & I told him the factory still has them for $7.95. Come on guys pick up the telephone & call the company) I just ordered a rechargeable battery for my old Eagle II SL that I bought in 1990 and I believe they may have batteries for yours as well. Once their supply of rechargeable batteries for their old detectors has been depleted they will no longer be getting any more! They have decided to no longer sell batteries for their old detectors as the company that made the charging units can no longer supply them & Whites doesn't want to sell the batteries without also offering charging units as well. This is what they told me last week over the telephone. They have already run out of the chargers & only have the batteries left but once they are gone, they will not be getting anymore!! I also have a wall charger for my Eagle II SL thank God & I bought a car charger for it from the Tulsa OK office last week as a backup since they are no longer being sold. I was told there were none left in the country. When Whites in Tulsa said, "we're out." I said "how about auto chargers?" She said, "wait a minute, I forgot about those, maybe we do?" She left, came back to the phone & said, "wow, I got 3 left." So I bought one & there are 2 left now in the U.S. The Sweet Home Oregon corporate office called all the offices up & rounded up all the chargers. She said "we told them we didn't have any left." The only reason I got that charger was because Whites in Tulsa forgot they had it & told corporate they were out. Call them ASAP! Get a battery now if you still can! (My brother in law has a 6000D & he was still able to get a rechargeable battery for it just recently. At first the girl said they didn't have a battery for it, then he explained his battery pack with the AA batteries & she said, "Oh, yeah, we have one!" This was 2 weeks ago!) Good luck!

Last edited:
No I understand what your saying about the factory. I have emailed them already but after a week and no response I figured I would ask here. I have the bad rechargeable battery so I guess I could probably take to someplace like battery's plus or something and see if they can make it up for me. Ok thanks for the responses.
Johan

No I understand what your saying about the factory. I have emailed them already but after a week and no response I figured I would ask here. I have the bad rechargeable battery so I guess I could probably take to someplace like battery's plus or something and see if they can make it up for me. Ok thanks for the responses.
Johan[/Q

So you don't want to call them? If you call them you will get a live person on the other end who will immediately answer your questions & can take an order for a battery for you. Why wait a week for a response, then come here and type a message to all of us? It seems to me that's a lot more work & time spent then a simple telephone call to Sweet Home Oregon

Last edited:
Johan[/Q

So you don't want to call them? If you call them you will get a live person on the other end who will immediately answer your questions & can take an order for a battery for you. Why wait a week for a response, then come here and type a message to all of us? It seems to me that's a lot more work & time spent then a simple telephone call to Sweet Home Oregon.

I'm sorry I do not have long distance to make the call. It was just a question and I apologize if it has angered anyone.
thank you for your response,
Johan

Johan[/Q

So you don't want to call them? If you call them you will get a live person on the other end who will immediately answer your questions & can take an order for a battery for you. Why wait a week for a response, then come here and type a message to all of us? It seems to me that's a lot more work & time spent then a simple telephone call to Sweet Home Oregon

Why not just answer the persons question. That is why we have forums. Isn't this suppose to be the FRIENDLY Metal detecting forum? If you don't have an answer, then don't reply. :D

I'm sorry I do not have long distance to make the call. It was just a question and I apologize if it has angered anyone.
thank you for your response,
Johan

You haven't angered anyone. Who said it was long distance? Can you call a toll free number???? 1-800-547-6911 That is the Whites office in Framingham MA. who shipped out the battery to my brother in law for his 6000D just recently.

Why not just answer the persons question. That is why we have forums. Isn't this suppose to be the FRIENDLY Metal detecting forum? If you don't have an answer, then don't reply. :D

I did answer his question. I have an answer, call the factory! They have a battery for him. I'm trying to help this person out. I'm not trying to be unfriendly. Read my posts here. geesh.

Back
Top Bottom