Another Success Story ***Photo Added***

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Working on my boat today and getting it ready to launch this week. Enjoying the weather and the accomplishments. However at 8:15 the phone rings. Lady dropped her phone overboard and she was flying to Florida in the morning. Phone was waterproof and in 11 foot of water at Metro beach marina. So I tell them it will take me 45 minutes to get there and get my gear in the truck.

Get down there at dark. Great. Cold, dark and deep. My idea of fun. NOT! I gear up and go in. Takes me about 4 minutes but I find the critter and bring it up to some very happy folks. Phone still works, it was a waterproof I phone.

They took pictures, hopefully I will get one to share. Just barely got done with a very nice warm shower.

Already this is my third recovery in two weeks. If the summer keeps me this busy I won't have time to find gold. :laughing:

To fill up that little boat, it takes 1300 gallons of diesel. That is over 4500.00 to fill up if empty!

Last edited:
Working on my boat today and getting it ready to launch this week. Enjoying the weather and the accomplishments. However at 8:15 the phone rings. Lady dropped her phone overboard and she was flying to Florida in the morning. Phone was waterproof and in 11 foot of water at Metro beach marina. So I tell them it will take me 45 minutes to get there and get my gear in the truck.

Get down there at dark. Great. Cold, dark and deep. My idea of fun. NOT! I gear up and go in. Takes me about 4 minutes but I find the critter and bring it up to some very happy folks. Phone still works, it was a waterproof I phone.

They took pictures, hopefully I will get one to share. Just barely got done with a very nice warm shower.

Already this is my third recovery in two weeks. If the summer keeps me this busy I won't have time to find gold. :laughing:

So how much did you make?

Nothing wrong with getting a few clams for some good deeds...:D

:dingding: NICE WORK!! Gotta dig me some clams!

Who needs gold when you keep getting clams. Don't need to send them to the refinery. Nice return again Scuba.

GREAT RECOVERY!!!!

Back in lake St. Clair, I would always stay on the boat once sun set. Night swimming is just creepy to me. lol. Now that I've moved to FL, heck, it doesn't seem so bad. I mean swimming in Michigan at night...not Florida. Fl is a wholeeeeee bunch of NOPE!!!!

Used to love night dives in the Bay of Fundy, ya just never know what might pop up in the light beam lol..

Cheers

I loved them in Okinawa also. Once we took a rubber dinghy out there and went over the side. Turned on our lights and sea snakes were everywhere. They came right up to the lights. Couldn't get them off or back in the boat fast enough!

Another great deed Bob. Your efforts are not only financially rewarding but every success story you leave with the client smiling. I am truly looking forward to this year water adventures. Trapper

I loved them in Okinawa also. Once we took a rubber dinghy out there and went over the side. Turned on our lights and sea snakes were everywhere. They came right up to the lights. Couldn't get them off or back in the boat fast enough!

yeah I would have not enjoyed that at all:shock:

Nice Job.

You know IF that is Their Personal Slip and they Obviously have Money and they are obviously Clumsy.. Perhaps you can get permission to Detect their Slip since they will be gone.

Anyone who will drive 45 minutes, dive in the cold, in the dark for a stranger's phone is a top shelf guy in my book. Bravo to you buddy.

I second that!

Great job, Scuba! Not just for a well done return, but also for shining a positive light on metal detecting, scuba diving, and Michigan hospitality all in one swoop! Awesome to send her back to Florida with a positive story instead of a minor catastrophe. :cool:

Mind if I ask how she knew to call you? Did she find your website, or was that a Ringfinders kind of thing?

I second that!

Great job, Scuba! Not just for a well done return, but also for shining a positive light on metal detecting, scuba diving, and Michigan hospitality all in one swoop! Awesome to send her back to Florida with a positive story instead of a minor catastrophe. :cool:

Mind if I ask how she knew to call you? Did she find your website, or was that a Ringfinders kind of thing?

I am not on ringfinders. I am on lake St. Clair website and I have been in the Detroit Boat show at Cobo Hall for three years. Almost all the marina's have my business cards in this area. I haven't replenished them this year yet but I am pretty known around these parts. I am on lostmystuff.net also.
I have handed out over 5 thousand business cards.

I also have magnets on my truck advertising my website and hobby. Word of mouth has traveled the last 4 - 6 years also. They keep their boat at Mac Ray harbor. I have been there a lot.

Back
Top Bottom