First run w nox 600

kompa

Well today i hit a local beach early for about 4 hrs. It was the first time using de 600. Im happy w it. Put it on beach 1 sens around 20. With threshold. Ran it on my lg bluetooth headset, stayed connected w no issues. It was pretty much smooth and quiet. Would get false only when swinging from dry to wet or wet to wetter sand etc and at end of most swings, maybe since coil would raise a bit. Tracking mode was always on, i think default on beach mode. Well pulled out clad 57¢, a 10¢ euro (thought it was a gold coin), first silver ring and a junk band. Not bad for a first run. Oh yea, 13 bottle caps, after the 4-5 one i had an idea what it was bexause of mixed tones, but dug them anyway hoping for gold. This thing is deep! Got a dime at around 12" in wet sand. Maybe will run it at the park later today. Hh guys! If yu recommend other beach settings for west coast let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_121105_797.jpg
    IMG_20180512_121105_797.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_20180512_121444.jpg
    IMG_20180512_121444.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 426
A Little

Chatter , and hearing the faint target's that sometime's don't ID, is a good thing when it come's to deep laden GOLD. Waiting on the 15 inch coil here, happy hunting, Earl

good luck, you'll like it!

Many thanks, mine has arrived a day early which leaves me tonight and tomorrow to play with it before hitting one of the local beaches on Wednesday with the missus as she hunts for sea glass.

More complex than the ACE250 which I could memorize the settings in one sitting, but this 600 is gonna hurt my brain for a while before it all makes sense to me.. =)

Should be interesting to say the least!

Many thanks, mine has arrived a day early which leaves me tonight and tomorrow to play with it before hitting one of the local beaches on Wednesday with the missus as she hunts for sea glass.

More complex than the ACE250 which I could memorize the settings in one sitting, but this 600 is gonna hurt my brain for a while before it all makes sense to me.. =)

Should be interesting to say the least!

i was feeling overwhelmed with looking at online manual, dont let it get to you, just start w default settings for now, start getting used to numbers and sounds. little by little start tweeking and using other owners recommendations. just take time. its a big leap from a 250. be patient.

the theshold is nothing but NOISE on these machines except in the gold mode..... something i want less of. It a reference threshold only and doesnt affect the target.

Seems the more iron you disc out the more it moves up with you when falsing. You dont have this ability on the 600, but on the 800 you are just as well off running AM and reducing the tones which at least moves most of the tones back in the iron bin. Im running -1.... and bobbie pins in AM run about -5..... but with -1 you now here them there. Disc out alll iron and the falsing tones wraps to the first bin.

No the default isnt tracking and i wouldnt run it .... your depth goes up and down. The default is 0...... run that unless you get a lot of chatter in black sand..........if that happens switch to auto GB which will fix you GB. Thats good and bad on a beach since it more than likely will be different from the wet/dry sand...... that why i try and stay with 0 GB.

Good hunt ... enjoy the machine.

Back
Top Bottom