AT Max battery life...

LSUThunder

Just wondering what others are getting out of a set of batteries using the built in zlynk. I hunted today for 3 hours and got to where it's just hit the half way mark. Merry Christmas!!

I too use the RnB battery, for it's ability hold a charge for a very long time and to not lose power in below freezing temperatures. Compared to the AT Gold & AT Pro, the MAX will go down to 2 bars in a much shorter time frame, but, then sit at 2 bars for many hours, before flashing between 1 and 2 bars. The overall drain on a set of batteries is probably more on the MAX, as it seems to have more power analyzing returning frequencies to the coil and also power the wireless headset function.

I recommend using rechargeable batteries, as they last long enough for a hunt. Plug them in prior to a hunt, not after the previous hunt, as there is drainage on the shelf life between charges. If you hunt often, and sometimes for 2-3 days at a time, the RnB battery is the way to go. No matter how long a battery lasts in your detector, you should always carry a spare set just in case.

And....don't carry spare batteries in your pocket with change or keys, as you will get burned and quickly wear down your battery.
Below is a little trick I do to always keep a spare battery for more electronic pin-pointer. I first wrap it with saran wrap, then tape to protect it from moisture. It then gets taped on the side of the Pin-pointer sheath as a spare for when my 9 volt battery suddenly dies.

Attachments

• ppp.jpg
    ppp.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 584
the MAX will go down to 2 bars in a much shorter time frame, but, then sit at 2 bars for many hours, before flashing between 1 and 2 bars.

Below is a little trick I do to always keep a spare battery for more electronic pin-pointer. I first wrap it with saran wrap, then tape to protect it from moisture. It then gets taped on the side of the Pin-pointer sheath as a spare for when my 9 volt battery suddenly dies.

OK cool, I thought it was just the cheap Harbor Freight AA batteries I was using but what you describe here is exactly what I have experienced with my MAX. It happens with "cheap" batteries and premium brands. I haven't noticed any advantage to running premium brand batteries.

I like your 9V idea as a pointer will always go out at the most inopportune time (when it's on and probing a hole/plug!). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom