Minelab Equinox

You would have to think Minelab would do ONE English speaking video.

Robm, I posted this video to the Equinox Video thread you started. I was hoping to see it as a collection of found videos all in one spot... guess it’s already buried under the heaps of hype.

And yes, an English speaking video would be fantastic.

You would have to think Minelab would do ONE English speaking video.

They could be keeping it out of the U.S. market until it's had all the bugs worked out. This is a HUGE market and word(Youtube videos etc.) spread fast. I"m sure they want first impressions here to be very positive.

So we know the Nox is fast. What else do we know ? No in the water beach videos. No in the dirt depth test. And yes I've seen the one where the guy doesn't cover the thick copper coin. That doesn't count. We know the specs. What else do we know ?

Well I really don't need the detector as I have several other units including a CTX3030 and E Trac but wanted to be one of the first to test out the new technology.
BUT over time I can see that Minelab only released the machine when they did to try to garner interest and stem the flow of users buying other new releases. So people have been waiting and hoping for something by Christmas only to be disappointed.
Don't get me wrong, I am a loyal Minelab user and will indeed purchase a Equinox BUT I just don't want to be part of this big "Hype and Hope" debacle.
When the dust settles and the bugs have been worked out, THEN I will spend the $.

Well I really don't need the detector as I have several other units including a CTX3030 and E Trac but wanted to be one of the first to test out the new technology.
BUT over time I can see that Minelab only released the machine when they did to try to garner interest and stem the flow of users buying other new releases. So people have been waiting and hoping for something by Christmas only to be disappointed.
Don't get me wrong, I am a loyal Minelab user and will indeed purchase a Equinox BUT I just don't want to be part of this big "Hype and Hope" debacle.
When the dust settles and the bugs have been worked out, THEN I will spend the $.

Fair enough. I've never owned or even used a minelab before so this will be my first minelab. I'm in no hurry to get one although I think I'm 16 on the preorder list with the dealer I ordered mine from. When ever it comes out that's fine with me. I am looking forward to it though.

I have to agree with choppadude. Well, I don't have to, but I do. Its really starting to look like ML was just playing games with the detector market. That ain't right. Besides, I also got me a CTX & a Deus with the 9x5 HF so I'm pretty darn happy already.

I'm still planning on getting the Equinox, I'm just not in such a big hurry.

Oh, and just for the record, that Deus with the 9x5 HF coil ROCKS in tot lots.

Detector / Choppa

If its not out by WED . 12/20/2017 Five days before Christmas , putting it on the back burner , not only games with other manufactures , what about the customer's, I ALSO can wait 2 CTX3030s, F75se, thats all i really need :shock::lol:

So I have been reading here.

What is missing?

Just how long before official release should a manufacturer intro a metal detector?

A few facts.

Garrett At Max was introed and was not delivered as initially stated.
Release was pushed back.
So did anyone not buy the MX sport while waiting for the At Max??

The MX Sport was released with problems.
Did anyone buy this detector in lieu of At Pro, only to find they bought a detector with bugs??

XP floated version 4.0 for ages.
Did anyone hold on to their Deus vs offloading and buying another detector thinking version 4 was near??
And XP is doing it again it seems with a supposed version 4.1.

Nokta Impact was introduced.
Did anyone not buy another detector model vs the same person keeping their eye on the Impact??

Now, I don't know the answer to this question.
This Detectival event in Sep this year.
Has their been another event similar where Minelab could have debut the Equinox series detectors???

Wonder if Minelab would have unveiled a three pound Etrac 2 at detectival.
And by doing folks would have put the original Etrac on hold or even a CTX purchase they were previously contemplating, keeping their eyes on the newer coming Etrac 2.
Would folks stil be saying the same thing here??

Btw, there is a supposed new Fisher detector in the works.
Has been mentioned, no date for release.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...zx-metal-detector-ground-breaking-technology/
So could a person put their detector purchasing on hold waiting for this new release?

I think it is all the manufacturers' goals to sell detector models they make/intro.

So, let's have it, how long should a manufacturer intro a detector before actual release date??

Or should a manufacturer not put MSRP prices on equipment until a couple weeks before release?

Things might be different here had Minelab not listed the prices of the units.

Inquiring minds need to know.

One last btw.
Folks may indeed be thinking Minelab did what they did time wise with their intro of Equinox, based on At Max.
I certainly don't know.
But if At Max wouldn't have been where it was at the time, Minelab may have did what they did.
This Detectival event was a large event.
Good time for some promo.

Last edited:
I had read on one of the forums back in October that some of the search modes were not complete when they introduced the unit in Europe. My guess is that they are having issues. Software takes time to catchup to the hardware features (chips). The Impact went thru various iterations before Nokta released their unit. The positive thing about the Impact is that they had quiet a few world wide testers versus the few that I heard about for the Equinox.

So I have been reading here.

What is missing?

Just how long before official release should a manufacturer intro a metal detector?

A few facts.

Garrett At Max was introed and was not delivered as initially stated.
Release was pushed back.
So did anyone not buy the MX sport while waiting for the At Max??

The MX Sport was released with problems.
Did anyone buy this detector in lieu of At Pro, only to find they bought a detector with bugs??

XP floated version 4.0 for ages.
Did anyone hold on to their Deus vs offloading and buying another detector thinking version 4 was near??
And XP is doing it again it seems with a supposed version 4.1.

Nokta Impact was introduced.
Did anyone not buy another detector model vs the same person keeping their eye on the Impact??

Now, I don't know the answer to this question.
This Detectival event in Sep this year.
Has their been another event similar where Minelab could have debut the Equinox series detectors???

Wonder if Minelab would have unveiled a three pound Etrac 2 at detectival.
And by doing folks would have put the original Etrac on hold or even a CTX purchase they were previously contemplating, keeping their eyes on the newer coming Etrac 2.
Would folks stil be saying the same thing here??

Btw, there is a supposed new Fisher detector in the works.
Has been mentioned, no date for release.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...zx-metal-detector-ground-breaking-technology/
So could a person put their detector purchasing on hold waiting for this new release?

I think it is all the manufacturers' goals to sell detector models they make/intro.

So, let's have it, how long should a manufacturer intro a detector before actual release date??

Or should a manufacturer not put MSRP prices on equipment until a couple weeks before release?

Things might be different here had Minelab not listed the prices of the units.

Inquiring minds need to know.

One last btw.
Folks may indeed be thinking Minelab did what they did time wise with their intro of Equinox, based on At Max.
I certainly don't know.
But if At Max wouldn't have been where it was at the time, Minelab may have did what they did.
This Detectival event was a large event.
Good time for some promo.

You were a bit venomous towards Garrett and their delay with the Max. Yet I don't detect the same venom regarding the Nox. Funny how that works huh ?

You were a bit venomous towards Garrett and their delay with the Max. Yet I don't detect the same venom regarding the Nox. Funny how that works huh ?

Did Minelab ever give a release date for Equinox??
If so what was it please.
And post your source here please.

I don't think I am being impartial here.
Looks too like I was venomous towards XP too.
I mean version 4.0 took only how long after is was broadcast by manufacturer.
Remember version 4.0 was not a cure for version 3.2 as far as shortcoming.
It's goal was to use HF coils and mi6 pointer.

This is not to mean versions 4.0 didn't give versions 3.2 a boost of sorts performance wise.

Venomous is not the right word here, your word not mine.

All this talk, is making manufacturers (in this case Minelab) dammed it they don't, dammed if they do.

This Equinox is not the cure for cancer or anything.
Relax.
I was surprised actually at how early in the process they released MSRP data.
So they in effect gave us the possible consumer more info early.

Shouldn't we be praising?

A person having the $$$ and or the credit, there is nothing keeping a detectorist from buying Garrett, Deus, Fisher, Technetics, Makro, Nokta, White's, Tesoro, Minelab, Detech, Deep tech, Blisstool, etc right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom