Minelab response to "Will Multi-IQ obsolete FBS?"

SavingThePast

Forum Supporter
found this on another forum. The last sentence is pretty funny...

This is the question from a Youtube Viewer and the response from Minelab.
After reading the following statements, I believe that Multi-IQ is the future of multi-frequency.

cache mole
23 hours ago
Will Multi IQ obsolete FBS?

Minelab Metal Detectors
21 hours ago (edited)
A very good question!

We are generally stating that Multi-IQ obsoletes single frequency detectors, not simultaneous multi-frequency detectors. This really has captured market attention! It is quite likely that some people will become EQUINOX supporters, while others will want to keep using their favourite FBS detector (not too dissimilar to GPX vs GPZ).

So the best honest answer to your question right now is:

"Multi-IQ has the future potential to obsolete FBS technology."

For some users, that may be immediate when they buy an EQUINOX. For others it may be with a future product with Multi-IQ, or an enhancement of it.

If you refer to our first TT blog on Multi-IQ technology:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (link removed to comply with Findmall rules)
and look at the timeline diagrams - there were/are several generations of BBS/FBS detectors. We are only at the very beginning for Multi-IQ.

When EQUINOX is released, CTX 3030 will remain as our flagship treasure detector, having many functions that EQUINOX does not have - Fe/Co discrimination, Target Trace and others.

A significant advantage with Multi-IQ is it's FAST. Think of it as the typical mutli-frequency performance of a Minelab detector, at the speed of any good single frequency detector you are familiar with. Also, expect no performance downside running in "Multi" compared to a single frequency. Unless in Gold Mode, we recommend "Multi" as the best frequency option. But, you can use a single frequency if you wish, in Park and Field modes.

Brandon Neice said it very concisely in words that we can't really put in print ourselves:
"... the [xxxx] and the CTX got together and made a baby!"

..Good stuff there STP!...The horizontal accurate target speed/multitones is what attracted me to this rig..not so much its depth capabilities, which I'm sure it stands right up there with....at the price, it should be a cladslammer/jewelry park dream machine..

I'm just not sure the advantage speed wise is enough of a step up from what I'm running now for this purpose...at a certain level, 'speedy recovery' becomes a retrieval issue and not so much a rigs capabilities...IE: "What good is a fast rig if you cant keep up with it on target retrieval??" "I found 100 Roman coins today but could only physically dig 50 of them!"...:laughing:

Waiting on coil hopping vids though to see...talking a gained advantage to current 90CPH speed hunting skills to justify...Which Is not on any rigs built in speed advantage, but on me to step up to...

Also, the Waterproofness is beneficial,, but is the rig sturdy enough to take that kind of work?...Thats tough duty on a lower rod and coil...lateral shaft stresses, silt, coil ears breaking off, you name it..Hydrodynamics are a B on gear, and a guy cant have his mainframe fall out in Prime time on account of this ...thats why most water rigs are built heavy...cant swing them fast through the water anyhow...making most of them too heavy to swing in the air on the dry beach though!...a huge conundrum!

I can see myself behind this rig....from what we got to go on presently...awaiting infield results upon its release to the Public and in the hands of Forum members I trust......If all looks good, the outlay to ROI finds ratio, I can justify myself being a buyer...It sure looks fast...and I like fast!

But a guy is also in the water, so coil speed loses the edge to durability and accuracy...Thats why its been so difficult to find a rig that does it all...with FBS capability even? ...Yeah..in field performance/trusted feedback will be the kicker to access rare and sparing Mudpuppy money......Its been done though, so theres a hope for the Ox to get it some... Time and Gold wait for Nobody!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom