hunting info.

greasecarguy

Is it possible to locate targets near the support poles of a swingset and such? I use a cibola and haven't figured this out.

Anyone know how to determine where people hung-out, gathered or picnicked in the old days? How is this research done?

In a local town they recently dug up the sidewalks in front of a VERY historic building in a VERY historic town. All of the sidewalk dirt is exposed and there is an additional pile of dirt. When I checked it out there was a fence around the entire site ( no trespassing signs) and when I went in to ask permission, there were 12 or 13 workers; only some that spoke english. One kindly called the boss and I spoke to him. He said he needed to talk to his boss and I should call back Monday.

I'm guessing he is worried about liability. I've read that there are several waivers available on this site. Any other suggestions as I expect to hear a big NO.

I have a Ace250 and have learn the tones when it comes to the poles If I get a good hit I use the pinpoint and swing out away from the poles

I would guess the guy will tell you no - most people are not open to letting others in places - liability like you said.

As to the metal poles - I swing to it and away from it repeatedly, working my way all around it. Eventually I will hear that out of place sound. I find a lot of my coins anymore in these places that others have missed. 2 weeks ago I dug a gold bracelet in such a spot. good luck, Steve in so az

Using a small coil is the only way I know of to get close to metal polls.

Your local library is full of great info when searching for places to hunt. Pick a date like July 4th 1909 and get you hands on a local paper. during these celebrations the local paper should have articles and pictures of events such as social gathering and carnivals.

I had some success this week using Bookers technique. I remembered reading it months ago on another post, so I tried it on a merry go round. I would swing in, then back out listening for the single beep of the structure. When I heard two beeps I knew something was down there. Really tough to use the pinpointer at times. On some I had to just swing a few inchs to try to semi-pinpoint, then dig. Found a bunch of coins on that one spot, which was good because the rest of the day was a bust. Works good on soccer goal which are becoming one of my favorite things to hunt. People pile thier bags and coats around the goal for pick-up games, and leave some goodies, but they are a pain to locate near the steel poles! Practice football fields have the same stuff at the field goals.

HH
cb

if your in wood chips or other loose material i sometimes use my foot and kick some material away from the poles, run your detector over that stuff if nothing there push it back to its original place and repeat this process all the way around the pole. but as i said it has to be loose material as you can imagine this trick is kinda impossible with grass:D

Back
Top Bottom