Daytona Beach Swingin!

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
We're back!
Thanks to all (Max, DFXRUS, Craig, and DRAY) for the Good Luck and Safe trip Wishes too. Cheryl and I were hunting the beach @ Daytona yesterday and happened to meet Chuck from Miami. (He posts on the Treasure Depot) He was chuggin up the beach with his Xterra 30 while I was swinging my Excalibur1000. Neither of us had been at it very long and the finds hadn't materialized yet. We had a good chat though and parted ways promising to look for each other on the forums. Chuck had a relative along hunting with a Barracuda? Not familiar with that brand. Any road I drove back north toward the pier to look for a FindMall guy I'd contacted to meet and began swinging again. Chuck caught up, finished his hunt (relative gave up) and had to go. Shortly after I had a great signal, digs it and 'Lo and behold' I find this in my scoop. Nothing to write home to Mom about ya see but a nice ticket just the same. 10kt with what appears to be a small amethyst and three diamond chips. One missing.
Hope you guys like it.
Jim
Aside from junk and coins this is the only noteworthy item of the nut.
Daytona06002.jpg

Daytona06004-1.jpg

Welcome back Jim. Nice catch.

My Weekend Missions were south of you. I swung the beaches at the Bent Anchor, Cabin, and Douglas Beach galeon wreck sites along the Fl treasure coast.

Nothing but metal shards more shards and a dime.

My wife met a guy at Douglas who says hes a diver for a subcontractor of Mel Fisher who says he gets a grand a week to salvage dive the wrecks. What a job!!!

Sea conditions were rough however, so they cant dive these wrecks under these conditions so he was out swingin coil on the beach.

Rough weather and beach erosion are just the conditions needed to turn the surf enough to give up some of those special finds.

Was a bit disappointed in my trips here so far, but at least the scenery is wonderful, and the hope of a galeon find is real, albeit fairly rare, but possible enough to get me goin back again anyways...................

Skyfish;
well the high tide was rough and choppy @ Daytona but as it was on the wane of course I had more area to search. Maybe one day I'll find the Grail. Some Spanish gold or silver. Till then Keep Swingin all you THers!
Jim

GaBeachsweeper said:
Barracuda is a PI? No wonder the newbie with it gave up and wanted to go home! :lol: :lol:

A PI is not for everyone thats for sure and I like that way ;)

Hello Jim nice to see you found something I ended up with a little over $1.00 and that was down south from Daytona at this light house in the tot-lot that was there.
PS. it was nice meeting you if you ever make it down to Miami let me know and we will do a hunt. HH. Chuckinmiami

Its looks nice but a little worn on one side and did I see a crack I could fix it ....................Can I have IT........................ :lol:

really nice find Just kiddin. :grin:

No Ed, no flare cannisters, or dredge-boats either! Rusty, the stone does have a small chip in it and one of the four original diamond chips is gone. NO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like Chuck, he wears a Miami Dolphins cap. I'd given up on'em.

Right you are Jim But they did take out the Bears. :grin:
Can't wait for the weekend to get here I can hear that gold calling for help fine me fine me. :lol:

Chuck, I seem to recall Da Bears coming into Miami once before. But they didn't LEAVE that way! Danny and the Marks Brothers saw to that. 38-13 wasn't it? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom