Oak Island

A series that is going nowhere. If treasure would have been located and found we'd have heard all about it already on the news and the internet. And that so-called "metal detecting expert" ???? Anyone of us could do what he's doing.

If treasure would have been located and found we'd have heard all about it already ...

Ah but diggin4-clad, this is where you haven't followed the story since people first started digging for it 100 yrs. ago: It's not that a treasure isn't "most certainly there". It's *just* that it's a little deeper. Or a little more to the left. Or a little more to the right. Makes perfect sense, right ? :roll:

Oh, but I HAVE been following the story since it first appeared on TV back in the 1970's. Let's see now......people from the 1500's or 1600's working with only primitive tools bury a treasure that modern equipment can't find ! Really?
The show is nothing more than entertainment. OR......Maybe Oak Island is "hunted out" ?:laughing:

A series that is going nowhere. If treasure would have been located and found we'd have heard all about it already on the news and the internet. And that so-called "metal detecting expert" ???? Anyone of us could do what he's doing.

It's all entertainment. It's all staged. But it's still fun to watch and it generates conversation. As for the "so called metal detecting expert," he is a very knowledgeable and successful person in our field. Look him up. Great blog and useful tips. I enjoy his segments. He has more great finds than most of us will every have. Sure, anyone can run a detector and make comments, but he is considered a credible, known, expert in this field. That's why they want him!

Its just another of those worthless "Reality Shows" that have absolutely nothing to do with reality. Typical of all those detecting shows that appear on television.

Oh, but I HAVE been following the story since it first appeared on TV back in the 1970's. Let's see now......people from the 1500's or 1600's working with only primitive tools bury a treasure that modern equipment can't find ! Really? ....

Tsk Tsk Tsk. You obviously haven't been following their quick come-back lines to such kill-joy statements:

1) primitive man built the pyramids, right ?

2) Cornish miners, historically at that time had ways of digging mine tunnels that deep in Europe.

Tsk Tsk, we are going to be laughing at you all the way to the bank.

It's fun to watch, I doubt the two brothers will have Mel Fisher treasure hunting success.....but what I have seen they are incredible in their own rights, two classy people. They gave it a good shot and you only fail if you never try.

Its just another of those worthless "Reality Shows" that have absolutely nothing to do with reality. Typical of all those detecting shows that appear on television.

iu

Around the Mpup house, we call it "Oaf Island"...for obvious reasons...:laughing:

I call it "Hoax island" but that title usually gets something thrown at me by the girlfriend. I'm a skeptic, she's been hooked since the show started. We'll just have to wait and see who's right, if we live that long..... :grin:

The Canadian Archies tried to shut down the metal detecting. Even with all their documentation, they didn't like it, so they forced them to employ an archie to be with them for all the metal detecting. Herr Uber Detector found something in some rocks, and the archie immediately called a halt to the digging, stating that the rocks could be indicative of an old structure. So, I guess they will have to have that area dug by archies to find what is there. :roll:

I guess I need to go back to school and get my archie degree to be able to dig how and where I want. :foottap:

Lots of useless ghost story camp-fire legends that will lead no where.

WHAT????? WHERE IS YOUR FAITH TOM?????

You don't believe 20-30 drunken transient pirates could not have hand dug a hole,15 + stories deep, by hand in super saturated ground (which is below sea level by the way) in one summer????

Next your going to tell me you don't believe in the Great Pumpkin.

You watch, they will be multi zillionaires by the end of the season, and will have to buy the state of Rhode Island just to stash their gold coins.

It's fun to watch, I doubt the two brothers will have Mel Fisher treasure hunting success.....but what I have seen they are incredible in their own rights, two classy people. They gave it a good shot and you only fail if you never try.

Actually, I'm not sure Mel Fisher had Mel Fisher success.:laughing:

I remember reading a book about Oak Island back when I was in high school (1973-1977). How many books have been written about UFOs, the JFK assassination, the Bermuda Triangle, spontaneous combustion, and every other half baked, crackpot conspiracy theory out there!!

If you can keep the myth alive.......$$$$$

Tune in next week for the latest installment of "How I BS The Public and Make Millions Doing It"!!!!

The moon landings were filmed at a sound stage in Las Vegas and Elvis was in one of the space suits!!!

Actually, I'm not sure Mel Fisher had Mel Fisher success.:laughing:

Eventually his son Kane located the underwater bounty in 1985, and treasure worth roughly $400 million was recovered. As a result, a handful of people, including Fisher family members, investors, and a lawyer for Mr. Fisher, David Paul Horan, became millionaires.

Back
Top Bottom