Knee surgery complete!šŸ˜¬

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
Well the new ACL is in, one miniscus is stitched up, one miniscus is trimmed, microfracture is complete on the ball of the thigh bone, and some cartilage trimmed as well. I severely underestimated the amount of pain I would be in. Got it done yesterday morning and last night I didnā€™t know whether I was coming or going and I can deal with major amounts of pain. It felt like someone had a hydrolic spreader in my knee and was stretching it all out last night. Doing much better today now that Iā€™ve got the swelling down and it loosened up some. Still a sore puppy but at least Iā€™m on the road to recovery now. Had to bust out the bike for a last ride before surgery so I went out on a good note. Couldnā€™t go six months no riding with my last ride being a injury. Happy hunting to all of you guys and gals and looking forward to seeing your finds!

Attachments

• 4A5C0F1E-FEDA-434C-B575-11448293D71E.jpg
    4A5C0F1E-FEDA-434C-B575-11448293D71E.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 176
Wow, that did not sound like fun, but I hope that fixed it so you'll be okay after the recovery period !

I know from personal experience it can be frustrating to not be able to do stuff for a while, but if you rush things it could make it take even longer.

I tried walking a little too much without using my crutches and my knee quickly reminded me it was not fully healed yet :shock: :lol:, my wife said she noticed I was not using my crutches and reminded me I was rushing things too fast :roll:

Hope you recover fully and all goes well !

I had my knee replaced last June. I had surgery on it back in 1980 for the first time. The first time it was a super amount of pain. The knee replacement they had me walking the next day and I was in therapy within 2 days. It hurt don't get me wrong but replacement was much less pain than I remembered from the first. I can completely understand what you are going through. I hope things get to feeling better real soon for you.

That sounds painful! Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping that you heal up 110% so you can get back out there detecting and riding!

Wow, that did not sound like fun, but I hope that fixed it so you'll be okay after the recovery period !

I know from personal experience it can be frustrating to not be able to do stuff for a while, but if you rush things it could make it take even longer.

I tried walking a little too much without using my crutches and my knee quickly reminded me it was not fully healed yet :shock: :lol:, my wife said she noticed I was not using my crutches and reminded me I was rushing things too fast :roll:

Hope you recover fully and all goes well !

I totally pushed it while injured prior to surgery but now Iā€™m doing exactly what I have to. I want this to heal as good as possible and donā€™t want to risk life long issues. It is about the hardest thing in the world for me to be laid up and watch tv which I seldom do normally but I will do what I have to do. Thanks for the heads up and good wishes. Hope your knee is all good as well.

I had my knee replaced last June. I had surgery on it back in 1980 for the first time. The first time it was a super amount of pain. The knee replacement they had me walking the next day and I was in therapy within 2 days. It hurt don't get me wrong but replacement was much less pain than I remembered from the first. I can completely understand what you are going through. I hope things get to feeling better real soon for you.

I was actually asking my buddy in the medical field if it was ā€œless painfulā€ for a replacement. It seems like people with replacements are up and moving quickly. Today is better then the last two so day by day all will be well. Thanks for the good wishes and hope all is well with your new knee.

That sounds painful! Here's to wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping that you heal up 110% so you can get back out there detecting and riding!

Thanks for the good wishes and may you be finding silver or gold in the hole!!!

Congrats man, take your time with recovery and do ALL the pt, it's going to be pain but that is how it works...

Had Ortho surgery on my knee back in 1982 after twisting my knee one two many times while racing Motocross during 1976-1980. In '82 it caught up with me when my knee popped out of joint. Final damage was done. Surgeon for the Buffalo Bills at the time performed my knee surgery. Up and walking within two days, surgeon said no lounging about, keep it active. Which from that point always have. Felt pretty good all these years with occasional knee weakness, aches, swelling that would go away. Surgeon said the trimmed cartilage will wear down as I get older, I will have some issues. That started a couple years ago. Looks like in several years will need a knee replacement. Well, that injury has finally caught up with me again. I was always told from that point on to keep the muscles holding the knee together strong, once they weaken.................... The hundreds of times I get up and down digging targets, takes a lot of effort this year. After about 25 up and downs it starts to get rough, after 50, time to quit, will pay for it the next few days. No more beep and dig detectors, TID screen detector cuts down digging the junk. The Nokta Impact works perfectly for me............................. You might be headed in this route one day.

coin chaser - the pain will go away, believe me.

just do the PT and you will be amazed at how fast you will recover.

when i had my knee replacement - they had me doing PT the same day!!!
nurse came in and said we're going to PT - its on the other side of the building, grab your walker and lets get going!!! :lol:

it will heal and you'll be amazed at how good it will be

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME bro! soo glad everything went well. We can do some knee rehab as I will allow you to dig my holes for awhile. Cant wait to see ya again and be safe brother!!!

My 1st (knee surgery) was mid/late 60's, and had 3-4 since. Point is, the older you get, the harder it is to heal.

Remember that :yes:

Good luck on getting healed-up, hope all goes well!

Had Ortho surgery on my knee back in 1982 after twisting my knee one two many times while racing Motocross during 1976-1980. In '82 it caught up with me when my knee popped out of joint. Final damage was done. Surgeon for the Buffalo Bills at the time performed my knee surgery. Up and walking within two days, surgeon said no lounging about, keep it active. Which from that point always have. Felt pretty good all these years with occasional knee weakness, aches, swelling that would go away. Surgeon said the trimmed cartilage will wear down as I get older, I will have some issues. That started a couple years ago. Looks like in several years will need a knee replacement. Well, that injury has finally caught up with me again. I was always told from that point on to keep the muscles holding the knee together strong, once they weaken.................... The hundreds of times I get up and down digging targets, takes a lot of effort this year. After about 25 up and downs it starts to get rough, after 50, time to quit, will pay for it the next few days. No more beep and dig detectors, TID screen detector cuts down digging the junk. The Nokta Impact works perfectly for me............................. You might be headed in this route one day.

Thanks! The good news is from what Iā€™ve heard the replacements are less pain and faster then the repairs so thatā€™s a good thing! Lol

coin chaser - the pain will go away, believe me.

just do the PT and you will be amazed at how fast you will recover.

when i had my knee replacement - they had me doing PT the same day!!!
nurse came in and said we're going to PT - its on the other side of the building, grab your walker and lets get going!!! :lol:

it will heal and you'll be amazed at how good it will be

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks I will give it 110% for sure!!

AWESOME bro! soo glad everything went well. We can do some knee rehab as I will allow you to dig my holes for awhile. Cant wait to see ya again and be safe brother!!!

All these nice posts and finally someone offers some true help!:lol:
Thanks brotha canā€™t wait to get out there and hunt with ya in the spring! I think we should do a river hunt this spring to switch it up man. Relic, silver, or gold time!

Glad the surgery went well! Praying for a safe recovery. :grin:

Thank you I appreciate it!

My 1st (knee surgery) was mid/late 60's, and had 3-4 since. Point is, the older you get, the harder it is to heal.

Remember that :yes:

Good luck on getting healed-up, hope all goes well!

Lol I think I will learn that whether I want to or not!
Thanks man!

Best of luck on the recovery, I'm sure you will be back to normal soon.

Are they suggesting you don't ride the bike for 6 months?

The pain you describe sounds pretty bad...like you said, you have lived long enough and generally can take quite a bit above the norm...damn...I'm sure you will be careful for a little bit...you made it out of surgery without an infection is reason enough to celebrate...OK, thanks for the update and a 'speedy' recovery!

Thanks! The good news is from what Iā€™ve heard the replacements are less pain and faster then the repairs so thatā€™s a good thing! Lol

All these nice posts and finally someone offers some true help!:lol:
Thanks brotha canā€™t wait to get out there and hunt with ya in the spring! I think we should do a river hunt this spring to switch it up man. Relic, silver, or gold time!

Thanks man!

I am totally down for that as I did a few river hunts in Milwaukee this year with some success but would love to team up with ya and will take a trip!!

Best of luck on the recovery, I'm sure you will be back to normal soon.

Are they suggesting you don't ride the bike for 6 months?

Thanks! Gonna be a long road to full recovery. 6 to 8 weeks on crutches, 2 to 3 months to be back to work, and 6 months to be 100% again. I donā€™t want to do any trail riding and eating dirt until Iā€™m 100% again because I donā€™t want to screw this up. Funny because it seems like people that have full replacements are back up and running quicker.

The pain you describe sounds pretty bad...like you said, you have lived long enough and generally can take quite a bit above the norm...damn...I'm sure you will be careful for a little bit...you made it out of surgery without an infection is reason enough to celebrate...OK, thanks for the update and a 'speedy' recovery!

Thanks mud, indeed I will be careful with it for a bit.

I've had 3 knee surgeries, in a short 5 year span, ACL, the whole works eventually with titanium screws, and relaced tendons or something... That was over 20 years ago, still kicking strong! But I've never been downhill skiing again, or hit by a conversion van whilst airborne on a redline with my handlebars piercing the radiator, or fell from an 8 ft dam covered in algie a got rolled in the tailwaters again..

So...

Good luck on your recovery!!

<Ā°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom