Friday 7/7, in the north Georgia dirt.

Curbdog

Elite Member
About 2 years ago, I moved from Chattanooga,TN to Lafayette,TN (north TN) to be closer to my mother, after my father passed away. I left my prime CW hunting areas and a great relic hunting partner by the name of John. It's been hard not living in those CW areas that have been real good to me and stoked a real interest in the history of that era.

Needless to say, I jump at the chance to get down there, seeing friends and the out laws, i mean in laws, and when I do, I have to get out and go CW relic hunting. I feel bad that my partner John was on a trip but that man went out of his way to make sure it was okay to hunt at a permission we've hit together quite a few times.

I only found 2 relics but they were worth the 3 hour drive. The first was the carved minie. By the shape in the dirt, I thought I had the bottom 2/3 of a Shaler! Don at North Georgia Relics thinks it's a chess piece perhaps. For those of you who have seen those, which piece would it be?

I also dug the canteen spout which is in pretty good shape. The mouthpiece is pretty much round with only the slightest of blemish.

Was it worth the trip only coming up with a couple relics? You bet it was! For you all whom I've met and hunted with around Chattanooga and north Georgia, HH!

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 575
Thanks guys! I still remember starting the hobby as a coin shooter, hunting
parks and houses in Chattanooga. One day I dug up a .577 Enfield in a city park and I thought it was a fishing sinker!

Ever since then, it stays in your blood. I couldn't imagine driving down and NOT doing a bit of relic hunting. HH

Thank you all. You guys put up some really great finds on here as well, no question! HH

Nice finds! Ole Chattanooga never disappoints. Next time your in lemme know!

Back
Top Bottom