Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 05-09-2017, 04:13 AM

Default How to find out who owns property. No Address

In my area there is a vacant field with a old barn that was recently torn down. I looked on historical maps and it was still there in 1947. I want to hunt on it, but not sure who owns it. How do I obtain information and get in contact with the owner?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old 05-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Elite Member

Check and see if your county has a GIS website online. Should give you the name of who owns everything. All that should be public info that is freely available. I know my county actually has a map search whick works really well.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:32 AM

Talking

Just put a bandit for sale sign in the yard with your number on it. When they call blame it on the kids in the neighborhood.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:25 PM

So I just figured out who owned the property and asked permission. The main owner was not there and the co owner took down my name and number so now I am waiting. The co owner seemed interested but said he could not give me a final answer. I'm hoping for good luck. Asking permission isn't really that terrifying and I thought it went well. I will update if I get an answer.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:33 PM

Just asked permission from the co owner. Waiting for a phone call from the other. The co owner seemed very intrigued and open. We shall see what happens.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Just found the property owner. The land is owned by a local business. The Co Owner seemed very intrigued, but could not give me an answer without boss man. He took my information and said the owner would give me a call.

Was I wrong to offer to show my finds and offer them first pick, or should I ask to purchase my finds from them?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by cbailey613 View post
Just asked permission from the co owner. Waiting for a phone call from the other. The co owner seemed very intrigued and open. We shall see what happens.

Originally Posted by cbailey613 View post
So I just figured out who owned the property and asked permission. The main owner was not there and the co owner took down my name and number so now I am waiting. The co owner seemed interested but said he could not give me a final answer. I'm hoping for good luck. Asking permission isn't really that terrifying and I thought it went well. I will update if I get an answer.

Sorry about the triple post. It was registering my posts so I thought I had to retype them.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Yeah, right. You're just trying to get your post count up.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!