1780 Permission!

Acuva24

On Sunday I will be heading to my oldest permission to date. A buddy of mine got the permission. It is a farmhouse built in 1780 in upstate NY. I am very excited about the opportunity. Seeing that this is by far the oldest permission I have hunted (oldest is 1830), and my first real old farm, I am wondering if there are any tips for this type of property.

It is located near a creek, which I think could also be a great spot to search. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

My friend who got the permission has yet to dip his toes into this great hobby. So what do you think, will he be addicted after his first trip to this great property???

I will be using an ATPro and he will be using my old Ace 250. Supposed to be some great weather on Sunday up here, I hope to report back with some solid finds!

Thanks for reading!

Wow, that's quite a permission. i look forward to your update. Good luck!

Sounds like a great spot for sure. That's how you break a newbie into the sport. Make them get you permission for you to hunt a great spot. Awesome idea. :laughing: Good luck.

Update

We spent about 7 hours at the property and don't have as much to report back as I would've liked, but was able to come away with a couple keepers. Unfortunately I hit the silver a couple times. The roots were awful! The headstamp dates 1894-1896.

Even though there weren't any incredible finds, we had a great day! My buddy is looking at ads for used ATPros now :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 221
Well I had to just give this update because I think it's funny. My friend that took me to this property just put in an offer for a used ATPro!!

He hasn't stopped texting me all week with videos to watch. Man, this hobby will clench it's teeth into you REAL quick!

I'm going to go with him to make sure this machine works as it should, selling an ATPro with a Accu-find pinpointer and a Gator digging tool for $395. Seems awfully cheap to me. Anyone ever use this pinpointer? If so, can you let me know how it is? I use a Garrett and never have seen any others in action.

Back
Top Bottom